Complaint Review: Eagle Recovery & Asset Acceptance, LLC Providian Financial

• Submitted: Tue, January 06, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, January 06, 2009

• Reported By:Sanford North Carolina
Eagle Recovery & Asset Acceptance, LLC Providian Financial
424 SW Washington Street, 3rd Floor Peoria, Illinois U.S.A.

Eagle Recovery & Asset Acceptance, LLC Providian Financial Trying to Collect debt they already paid off for me Peoria Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: STOP CALLING THE COLLECTION AGENCIES - STAY OFF THE PHONE

Ok, Here goes: I just got off the phone with Eagle Recovery and also Asset Acceptance Assoc.,Inc. They have contacted me saying I opened a Providian Bank Charge Card in Aug. of 2000. I can't remember this card and asked them to tell me what was charged and if it was mine, I will make arrangements to pay off the debt I owed to Providian. They could only give the Principle amount to me as $1146.10 and that was the amount owed when Asset BOUGHT my debt from Providian. I got a letter in the mail from Eagle Recovery Associates, Inc. yesterday saying I owe them $2122.40, so I call and tell them, in 2000 I was in college in Broken Arrow, Ok and I had very bad credit from my younger years, I couldn't have possibly gotten a credit card for more than $300 limit if at all!! I honestly don't remember if I got this card or not. I remember all my credit cards from the age of 18 and this one is not one I clearly remember. But, they say I made a couple of payments on it and then,...nothing! Maybe, I don't know. So, I'm trying to find out more infor and they cannot help me see that it was mine, or the amount that was originally charged so it might jog my memory. I have moved 4 times since then, as my husband was in the US ARMY. I never got contacted until we moved here as far as I remember. My question is this: IF Asset 'bought' and paid off my debt with Providian, why am I still responsible for it? I mean, "Thank you, Asset for paying off my debt!" Now, why isn't that considered a gift from them instead of a new debt I owe them when I have no contract with them? Do you see what I am saying? If a company pays my debt that I owed to the debtor, why am I responsible for it anymore? Why is that not considered a gift from Asset to me? I didn't ask them to pay it. Why should I now have to pay them for it with ALOT of interest and fees stacked on top of what was originally owed? And another thing, the statute of limitations for Oklahoma for any debt written or oral is 5 yrs. from the time it goes into collections. Mine went in on May 23rd, 2001. Who can help me understand what letter to write to these people? Thanks!

Mindy
Sanford, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2009 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eagle-Recovery-Asset-Acceptance-LLC-Providian-Financial/Peoria-Illinois-61602/Eagle-Recovery-Asset-Acceptance-LLC-Providian-Financial-Trying-to-Collect-debt-they-alr-408600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eagle Recovery & Asset Acceptance, LLC Providian Financial

#1 Consumer Suggestion

STOP CALLING THE COLLECTION AGENCIES - STAY OFF THE PHONE

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

Never ever try to negotiate with a collection agency! They will only lie to you!

EVERYTHING IN WRITING - CERTIFIED MAIL RETURN RECEIPT so you have proof
Send Debt validation and Cease Communications letters ASAP
Do not sign your name on these letters, they can and do use signatures to falsify documents.

They have to prove the debt is your first - Send them debt validation demand and cease communications letter.

There is a statute of limitations on debt and you need to check your states laws regarding this debt - It may be too old for them to collect - it won't stop them from trying - so YOU HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL

1. Go to this website http://www.budhibbs.com/index.html
Collection agencies do not want you to know about this site - it exposes all the ILLEGAL tricks they use.
This is a consumer advocate site that specializes in debt collections and you need to LEARN THE CORRECT WAY TO DEAL WITH THEM - Go to Dealing with Collectors 101 (you have to scroll down to it)

Oedipus