Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent- A -car

• Reported By: Antoine — Lane Oklahoma USA
Enterprise Rent- A -car
1401 S. George Nigh Expressway McAlester, Oklahoma United States of America

Enterprise Rent- A -car rental car fuel scam McAlester, Oklahoma

Last week, I took my vehicle to Riverside Honda in McAlester, Oklahoma for warranty work.  Riverside didn't have loaners available, so I decided to rent a car from the local Enterprise outfit.

The fuel gauge on my rental Focus read a little under three quarters of a tank.  I asked the manager to fill the car up.  He refused to do so, even when I told him it would be impossible to refill the tank to its current level.  It was, he told me, company policy to NOT refuel vehicles.

Well, this policy is not only deceptive, but unethical as well.  And, perhaps illegal (in violation of consumer protection statutes), because Enterprise, I'm sure, would not have reimbursed me had I refilled the tank past three quarters.

Rather than play Enterprise's offensive little ripoff game, I walked away from the deal.  My wife drove sixty five miles (one way) to pick me up, and I'm still in the doghouse for not going along with the scam.  But then, once in a while it's worthwhile to stand up for principle; and in retrospect, I'm glad I didn't go along with Enterprise, and its petty, larcenous scheme.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2009 07:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-A-car/McAlester-Oklahoma-74501-7406/Enterprise-Rent-A-car-rental-car-fuel-scam-McAlester-Oklahoma-499081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent- A -car