Complaint Review: Enterprise

4250 Geary blvd San francisco, California United States of America

Enterprise Damage rip off San francisco, California

*Consumer Comment: Damage

*Consumer Comment: Damage

I am shocked to read such similar tales of Enterprise car rental false claims on damage to their vehicles! I rent cars about 6-7 times per year and have never experienced this tactic until now. I really had no idea this was possible or ethical for any company to get away with and stay in business. I just returned from vacation in San Francisco and rented at their geary st location. I received high pressure to by their insurance but declined.

The rep then asked for my insurance company and deductible amount. I said I didn't know the amount so he wrote down 500.00. Then I had to chase him down to get my copy of the rental agreement. He walked very quickly around the car and said everything was fine. I noted some scratches but like most rentals these are considered minor and not "damages". I returned to same location with same rep present. Now he tells me that the scratches on bumper would need to be filed as a change in condition of vehicle.

I asked "what does that mean?" . He then takes my statement that the change did not occur while I had the vehicle and offers to contact my insurance company or "just settle it now". I respond that I am not at fault but he continues to fill out the report and insist I sign it. After reading other reports of similar if not the same experience, I am shocked that this company is still in business. We need a class action or 20/20 review of these incidents to put an end to their foul tactics.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2013 09:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise/San-francisco-California-/Enterprise-Damage-rip-off-San-francisco-California-1036273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise

Damage

AUTHOR: Faryal - ()

Hi,

The same EXACT thing happen to me in January and now I have a bill from them for $900. Has anyone from the company contact you about this?

Thanks,