Complaint Review: Firestone

• Submitted: Wed, August 27, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 27, 2008

• Reported By:Phila Pennsylvania
Firestone
P/O/Box 81315 Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A.

Firestone / Credit First Slapped late charges on account one right after another Cleveland Ohio

*Consumer Suggestion: Chalk the fees up to not remembering

We open a Firestone Charge account back in May and made a small purchase.

When we received the card I went on the internet to activate . They say that I set the account up for electronic notification only which I do not remember doing so. Whether I did or not I never received any notification from them . I had completely forgot about the bill becuase we were in the middle of a wedding for our grandaughter. Finally after three months and $45.00 in late charges been added to my account they finally notified me . I paid the total bill at once. I tried contacting them to explain the situation and ask the the late fees be waved but they did not want to hear it
To this date I have never received an email from them
I would never deal with this company again

Betty
Phila, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2008 04:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firestone/Cleveland-Ohio-44181-0315/Firestone-Credit-First-Slapped-late-charges-on-account-one-right-after-another-Cleveland-367584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Firestone

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Chalk the fees up to not remembering

AUTHOR: Nikki - (U.S.A.)

CFNA is very bad with sending statements in the mail, even when you don't have electronic notification. However, statement or no, you stated you forgot about the bill for 3 months. There is no rip off here. You were late and accrued late fees. Why should you get a $45 credit? I pay my bill ontime every month and I don't get anything for it.

The late payments may be on your credit report too.