• Report: #391914

• Submitted: Mon, November 17, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 19, 2008

• Reported By:Franklinton North Carolina
Ford Motor Credit Company
One American Road Dearborn, Michigan U.S.A.

Ford Motor Credit Company I live in NC and gave my car back to them voluntarily. I was separated from my husband, who lived in NY and the car was registered under his name. Ford filed a Complaint in NY and never served me in NC and now there is a judgment against me. They knew where I lived and did not serve me or give me a chance to provide an Answer. Dearborn Michigan

*Consumer Comment: NOT FUNNY, BUT TRUE!!!

*Consumer Comment: Funny

I moved to NC and had a car which was registered under my husband's name. He lived in NY. I voluntarily gave Ford back the car and told them where to pick the vehicle up. Ford hired an attorney in NY and served a Complaint at my husband's address. I do not think he was properly served because I think he moved from that address. I never was served a Complaint so I did not have a chance to file an Answer. Ford hired an attorney in NC and put a judgment on me. They knew where I lived and did not serve me a Complaint. They sold the vehicle and did not even deduct what we owed Ford and want all of the money.

Denise
Franklinton, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2008 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Credit-Company/Dearborn-Michigan-48126/Ford-Motor-Credit-Company-I-live-in-NC-and-gave-my-car-back-to-them-voluntarily-I-was-se-391914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Credit Company

NOT FUNNY, BUT TRUE!!!

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

Ford is COLLAPSING!!

So is GM!

Chrysler too!!!

What goes around comes around!

Funny

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

I like the part about "I moved to NC AND HAD A CAR and gave MY car back to them voluntarily". But after that everything is the husband's fault.