sequence

• Updated: Fri, September 18, 2009

• Reported By: Joan — Dartmouth Nova Scotia Canada
GPM Merchandise Direct
101 Canarctic Dr. Toronto, Ontario United States of America

GPM Merchandise Direct Fraudulent Ripoff...the company doubled my order without authorization and I was charged almost triple what was expected! Toronto, Ontario

I responded to an infocommercial on television wherein I ordered "one" pair of HD Vision sunglasses at the price of $29.95. The recorded voice repeatedly asked me to order more than one pair as well as order other items.  I declined repeatedly; "only one set of sunglasses was ordered"!  Imagine my surprise when I received two pairs in the mail and my visa was charged $93.14 or almost triple what I was told it would cost.  There was no packing slip detailing charges, return policy, etc. in the package which is standard procedure with reputable institutions.  I finally got through to the 1-800 number today only to be told that I had ordered two pairs (imagine my frustration)  and that the shipping cost was $15.95 per pair.....total surprize.  Consumers beware....Merchandise Direct is a ripoff.  I feel the media should be called in.  Someone needs to put a halt to these ripoff artists!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2009 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GPM-Merchandise-Direct/Toronto-Ontario-M3J-3N1/GPM-Merchandise-Direct-Fraudulent-Ripoffthe-company-doubled-my-order-without-authoriza-496952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GPM Merchandise Direct