Complaint Review: Galaxy Mall

• Submitted: Fri, May 30, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, May 30, 2003

• Reported By:brentwood California
Galaxy Mall
754 Technology Ave Orem, Utah U.S.A.

Galaxy Mall Storesonline.com / Galaxy Mall Enterprises / Storesonline.com Imergent Inc ripoff victimized many consumers Orem Utah
Rip-Off Report Investigation: shows that StoresOnline & iMergent is fulfilling its commitment to provide excellent customer service. Rip-off Report gives StoresOnline a POSITIVE rating in customer support and quality assurance. StoresOnline pledges to resolve complaints and address any issues from the past, present and in the future - committed to 100% satisfaction - whatever it takes say company executives.

Like many of my fellow Californians, I lost my job in May of 2001.
I got an ivitation from Galaxy Mall for a free dinner and a local upscale hotel, and decided to go check it out.
My story is the same as most here, it sounded like I could "make it" on the net.

I was assured that I could change my mind even if I signed the waiver to the 3 day right to cancel.
I call my wife before I signed, and she was screaming at me NOT to sign up, but we lost our connection, and I was "SO SURE" this was legit, I signed.
I thought my wife was going to KILL me when I told her, she wept, and was hysterical in anger over what she said was such a rip off, she told me I could do the SAME THING on yahoo for under $50.00!

I went back and tried to cancel, they would not let me.
The funny thing is, I was unemployed, had NO income, and so I finaced it. It was an unsecure loan.
Now I wrote letter after letter, tried to cancel, and still no word.

Then the finance company started calling and harrasing my wife.

The company "MOnterey Financial" in Carlsbad, had a collection person that laughed in the phone and told my wife "you have to pay or we will ruin your credit"
They did report us last year, and I am still frustrated. Iwant to find others who would be interested in a class action.

I think the finance companies and Galaxy Mall/ Stores online are "in Bed" together.
It's blatant extorsion!!!

If there is anyone else that is willing to fight these guys, let me know. I owed them $4900. and now they have added interest so it's $6900.

My wife says that we will never pay, just wait for it to drop off our credit report in 2006. But I want Justice, I can not believe they can get away with this.
When I called Galaxy Mall, they told me they would allow me to cancel, it was Monterey Fuinancial that I had "issue" with.

If this has happened to ANYONE else, let me know.
That is why I beleive they are in cahoots together, Galaxy and the finance company.

Roelf
brentwood, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2003 07:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Galaxy-Mall/Orem-Utah-84097-0004/Galaxy-Mall-Storesonlinecom-Galaxy-Mall-Enterprises-Storesonlinecom-Imergent-Inc-rip-58941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Galaxy Mall