Complaint Review: Gamepal

• Submitted: Tue, February 19, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, September 13, 2011

• Reported By:None Other
Gamepal
Internet Raleigh, North Carolina U.S.A.

Gamepal (aka Gamewar) Gamepal Made4Play Scam - yet another one! Raleigh North Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: Resolved Case - Order Was Delivered

Frankly, had I been smart enough to do a lot more research before I fell in line with these folks, I'd have been $400 up in the long run. Much like any of these other reports, Gamepal took me for a Made4Play account and then couldn't deliver. I was able to get some emails back stating they wouldn't be able to deliver, and even an email that asked me to pick an already created account instead. The last email I received was one that stated they "understood" that I wanted a refund, and that an Account Manager would take care of that issue. Clearly, it has not been taken care of.

Now, from what I understand, I'm pretty lucky with the amount of communication I got. I DID have to mention that I'd be taking action with Paypal, the BBB and both Rackspace and Network Solutions before they replied, but eventually they seemed to want to talk. But that's all they seem to do - and not just in this case, but in many others. And that's if you're lucky.

So, while Gamepal goes about breaking all the Terms of Service of Blizzard's game, guiltless and with lined pockets, your average consumer is left in the dust without product delivered, or money to show. And while I will be going as far as getting to small claims court if I have to, and forcing them to foot the fees for it, I don't suggest anyone waste their time in a similar fashion. I happen to be lucky enough that I am able to furnish the records of their telling me I would be getting a refund, and the second set of records proving I've not yet received it.

Please, save yourselves some time, money and effort - read the reports before you do anything foolish, like spending your money at Gamepal, Gamewar, or any of their sister sites. There is a lot of information out there - just remember, one "good" transaction does not equal all these bad transactions you'll read about. You may get really lucky, but the odds are definitely not in your favor when these guys are really just out to scam you.

As an aside, yes I understand that I'm not an angel per my comment of Blizzard's TOS, but frankly, this experience has shown me that it's not worth it anyway. I've achieved on my own what I asked for originally in the two months it took them to tell me it wouldn't be delivered... now I'm just out money.

Mike
None

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2008 05:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gamepal/Raleigh-North-Carolina/Gamepal-aka-Gamewar-Gamepal-Made4Play-Scam-yet-another-one-Raleigh-North-Carolina-310249. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gamepal

Resolved Case - Order Was Delivered

AUTHOR: Customer Support - (United States of America)

This message is for Mike,

Unfortunately, we didn't see this post until recently. In order to better assist you, we need the following information:

• Your order number
Until we hear back from you, we will assume this issue was already resolved as you didn't provide any information for us to assist you.

printed