Complaint Review: Geekbuying.com

• Updated: Wed, September 18, 2013

• Reported By: Marie G. — Downingtown Pennsylvania
Geekbuying.com
Futian District, , Shenzhen China

Geekbuying.com Zhe Zhang Geekbuying.com refuses to refund for a defective tablet in according to their site's warranty statement Guocheng Garden, Baihua No.1 Road, Futian District China

I wish I had seen this website BEFORE purchasing from Geekbuying.com!  On Aug 15, 2013 I purchased a Hyndai T7 7 inch Android 4.0 Quad Core Tablet for $179 (included expedited shipping.)  I rec'd it on Aug 21, 2013.  Within a couple of days we noticed clicking sounds when the tablet was turned off.  We ignored it but noticed that it would shut off, for no apparent reason.  The battery, which was claimed to have a life of 4 hrs with video usage, would die after 2 hrs with NO video usage.

We sent an email to their 'after arrival' email address and asked to return the tablet because it was defective and did not have everything we really wanted.  That email was sent on 9/14.  They replied on 9/16 that they didn't have us listed as having paid for it.  After tracking down screen shots of all my bank/paypal statements and copies of emails, I sent them these to show I paid.

After a few more back and forth emails, their last email , rec'd yesterday, 9/17, stated they would NOT issue a refund because the problem was 'AFTER 3 WEEKS' !!!  Unbelievable!

I sent them a very harsh email, challenging their 'wonderful customer service' and 'return policy'.  I then opened a dispute on Paypayl  I don't know what will happen there, but this makes me NEVER want to buy from ANY overseas company!!

I'll keep this updated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2013 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geekbuyingcom-/Futian-District-Shenzhen/Geekbuyingcom-Zhe-Zhang-Geekbuyingcom-refuses-to-refund-for-a-defective-tablet-in-acco-1085490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geekbuying.com