Complaint Review: Global Vacation Network

• Submitted: Tue, May 19, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 20, 2009

• Reported By:Dearborn Heights Michigan
Global Vacation Network
5400 Data Court Ann Arbor, Michigan U.S.A.

Global Vacation Network They don't come through with promised "incentives". Ann Arbor Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: Did you ask

As many others of you already know from what I've read on Global Vacation Network, it's a huge waste of time. My husband and I drove an hour to their presentation after being told that even if we did not purchase anything, we were PROMISED a $300 certificate for free gasoline and a FREE Mexico vacation including airfare just for attending their 90 minute meeting. We got there and joined about 40 other people in a meeting held by a very "peppy" salesperson...not selling at this point, just telling us what an awesome bargain their program was. After the meeting, you are sent to sit one on one with a person who continues the pitch and at this point, turns on the heavy selling. They keep offering you smaller and smaller packages to "fit your budget" and make it almost impossible to walk away. In fact, until you actually sign something and agree to a purchase, they do not give you the PROMISED vouchers for the gasoline and trip. But...we did get the vouchers signed.
To get our free gas I had to send $5 registration fee to FreeBeeGas or the Gasoline Redemption center in order to receive the monthly vouchers, which I would then send in $100 gas receipts and in turn was to be sent a $25 gas card each and every month for 1 year, until I had been sent $300 in gas cards. I faithfully mailed in October, November and December receipts for a station that normally is a little higher in price than some others, but I figured I'd get my gas cards in return. The cards were to be sent within 30 days of receipt of my receipts. Well, It's now MAY and I have not only NOT received ANY as cards, but now, their email address is no longer any good. I have sent a written letter to the LARGO FLORIDA address I have, but doubt that I will get an answer. I wonder how many thousands of folks sent in their $5 for nothing.
To get our FREE Mexico vacation, after finally gtting the actual voucher in the mail,. you have to send in $100 which is "refundable". Well, we did that because it was requested before we realized the GAS was a ripoff. AFter providing MEXICO PARADISE GETAWAYS that $100 and then later, copies of our travel documents (passports), they requested $300 to pay for air fare "taxes". At this point, we contacted them 4-1-09 and requested our refund because we no longer wanted the trip. I was told I would receive my refund within 30 days. Of course, 30 days has come and gone.....I've made a second request and was told that it would be processed AGAIN and I would receive it AGAIN within 30 days.
Not only am I reporting them here on the Ripoff Report, but I have gone ahead and contacted a local Detroit News Station and am happy to report that they are very interested in this story. I would recommend that others do the same thing!
STAY AWAY FROM GLOBAL VACATION NETWORK - - MEXICO PARADISE GETAWAYS AS WELL AS GAS REDEMPTION OR FREEBEEGAS.COM.

Alana
Dearborn Heights, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2009 08:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Vacation-Network/Ann-Arbor-Michigan-48108/Global-Vacation-Network-They-dont-come-through-with-promised-incentives-Ann-Arbor-Mich-453535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Vacation Network

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Did you ask

AUTHOR: Get It Right - (U.S.A.)

It is my understanding this company purchases these vouchers on behalf of the people that attend. Even though Global Vacation Network is not responsible to assit they do (or did for me). What did they say when you told them about your problem? They were all over mine getting it resolved and did. I wonder if you spoke to the same person that helped me.

affect