Complaint Review: Great Poems of the Western World

• Updated: Thu, May 23, 2013

• Reported By: Spasm — Chicago Illinois
Great Poems of the Western World
Famous Poets P.O. Box 21 Talent, Oregon USA

Great Poems of the Western World They sent me a Certificat of Excellence certifing that I was a Famous Poet in thier 2008 Poetry contest and that I could buy the book my poem was to be published in for $29.95. I looked this up on the internet and I don't think they exist. I found this website and realized I had been ripped off. They tried to get me to purchase other things such as, Dedication $5, Photo $10, Illustration $10.00, Extra poems $10 per poem, Biography $10, Shipping and handeling rate of $5 and other such stuff. The list goes on and on. I was really proud of this honor until I realized it was all a scam. Talent Oregon

I entered a poetry contest in 2008 with Lavender Aurora, Poetry Editor. I got a Certificate of Excellence saying that my poem had won Honorable Mention in their free Poetry Contest 2008.

I just searched the internet and they do not exist. It is all a ripoff. I found it on your website. I was really proud of my award and now it means nothing.

They ried to get me to buy all this stuff from them showcasing my poem. What a scam. I am so mad. I thought this was a real poetry contest. What a bummer!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2013 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Poems-of-the-Western-World/Talent-Oregon-97540/Great-Poems-of-the-Western-World-They-sent-me-a-Certificat-of-Excellence-certifing-that-1053366. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Poems of the Western World