Complaint Review: Half.com, Ebay

• Updated: Fri, June 12, 2009

• Reported By:Scottsdale Arizona
Half.com, Ebay
www.half.com Internet U.S.A.

Half.com, Ebay Half.com has had my money for six months! They are a scam! Internet

*Consumer Comment: I AM IN THE SAME POSITION! THEY ARE STILL HOLDING MY MONEY!!???

*Author of original report: Finally received money.

I had sold on Ebay and Half.com for years before they closed my account. They initially told me it would be 90 days before my funds would be released. (They are currently holding over $25,000 of my money). I was not happy about it, but there was nothing that I could do but wait.

Well, 90 days passed and they said that all I needed to do was send in a copy of my driver's license and proof of address to prove my identity and they would release the funds. I did this and they claimed they would deposit the money into my bank account within 7 business days. I waited . . . again and as you may have guessed, I received NOTHING.

I wrote back to them and they claimed they tried to deposit the money but were unsuccessful. This is a lie because first of all, they have been depositing money into my account for years without any problems and second, my bank said that no such deposit was attempted. I wrote them back, yet again, and they now said that I have to wait 4 to 6 weeks to receive a check!

When I ask them why it will take 4 to 6 weeks when first class mail only takes about a week, they just keep saying that I have to wait 4 to 6 weeks. Their history of unreliability has caused me great concern. I am sure that when the 6 weeks has come and gone, I will not have received a check from them. If I do, I will be greatly surprised, as I am not the only one that they have given the run around to.

Madconsumer
Scottsdale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2009 01:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Halfcom-Ebay/internet/Halfcom-Ebay-Halfcom-has-had-my-money-for-six-months-They-are-a-scam-Internet-406876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Half.com, Ebay

I AM IN THE SAME POSITION! THEY ARE STILL HOLDING MY MONEY!!???

AUTHOR: Upset Seller - (U.S.A.)

The same thing happened to me, or my company anyway...we had been selling on Half.com for 3 or 4 years and then they suspended my account, while close to $34,000 was still pending! This was money that I had worked very very hard for, and also I have a lot of capital still tied up in. I purchased the books, listed the books, sold, and then shipped the books, but I have still not gotten paid! And the kicker was that my rating was like 99.8% Positive!!

They gave us the same garbage about waiting 90 days, and then getting in touch with us and trying to settle the issue. Of course I spent 5 months or more emailing and submitting information they were requesting. They said the same thing. They wanted identity verification by driver's license and address verification and credit card info and also a "utility bill". I submitted this information and received verification that it had been received and verified. I also submitted my shipping reports from Endicia...? Still just a closed account and no money or communication....???

The only difference is that I still don't have my money! They refuse to answer my questions about the funds?? I wanted to ask you where you went from here or what suggestions you had for me and my company. $34,000 may not be a lot of money to Half.com, but to me it's a very large sum of money! I just want my money, and unfortunately, this is a huge part of my business and I really need to be re-instated...even if they are crooks! This is one of the only avenues I have to turn inventory and now I'm not only out $34,000, I'm also sitting on thousands of dollars of inventory that I have no way to sell!!!

If you know anything else I can do please let me know or get in contact with me somehow. Thank you so so much...talk2adork@yahoo.com

Finally received money.

AUTHOR: Madconsumer - (U.S.A.)

I finally received my money. This was an extremely frustrating and expensive experience. I was a loyal and honest powerseller on Ebay for about three years. They gave me the opportunity to restore my account, but I said no way. I am not going to risk going through this nightmare again.