Complaint Review: Holiday Travel Of America

• Submitted: Tue, March 04, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, March 04, 2008

• Reported By:Irving Texas
Holiday Travel Of America
6405 El Camino Rd Carlsbad, California U.S.A.

Holiday Travel Of America I really feel that they think I will eventually give up and go away Carlsbad California

I "Won" a trip after going to a Silverleaf resorts presentation In November. It listed several destinations, but only a couple of them were "free". If you wanted to go to Mexico, for instance or Hawaii, there was an additional charge per person. We chose Las Vegas and sent in the "refundable" deposit. You then get a letter back asking for a check to cover the taxes. which we sent in. We were told way back then that March was the earlist dates available (60 days in advance) so we picked March 18th and April 15th. Now, 45 days before the April 15th date I called because we haven't heard anything and all I am told is that those dates were not available and the next available dates are June 3rd and June 24 and If I have not heard anything by April 15th, I should call back but then the earliest dates we can get will be July or August. I see them delaying everything until we give up and they end up keeping our money so intead of us getting a free trip, they get free money for nothing.

Frustrated in texas
Irving, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2008 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Holiday-Travel-Of-America/Carlsbad-California-92009/Holiday-Travel-Of-America-I-really-feel-that-they-think-I-will-eventually-give-up-and-go-a-314684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Holiday Travel Of America