Complaint Review: Horizon Technologies

• Submitted: Sun, June 24, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, June 28, 2007

• Reported By:Eugene Oregon
Horizon Technologies
2741 W/ Southern Ave., Suite 6 Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

Horizon Technologies Would not let me cancel when I found out many things which I didn't feel I could do. Tempe Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: A refund approved, as requested.

When I called Horizon Technologies to ask questions about the home-based business, I talked to a very "good sales-man" who just kept talking until I agreed to give him my credit card number.

Even though he had made it sound as though they would do most of the work - I just needed to send out some cards which they would supply.

After 2 or 3 days, I learned that there were a number of things I would need to do that I did not feel capable of doing - so I called and told that man that I was afraid I would be more of a nuisance than a help and I asked if I could cancel the deal and get my money back - and he told me "No" - that was why the manager checked my number and recorded the agreement.

After reading the things on the internet - I see that I made a mistake to get involved without checking first -and I don't want to have to deal with them - I am an 80 year old widow - and I need that money back as I always try to pay my credit card bill in full - but my Social Security will not cover the amount they charged me.

If there is a "class-action suite" I would like to be involved unless I can get my money back sooner. I have not received anything by mail yet and when I do - I do not plan to open it - but hope I can send it back.

Esther
Eugene, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2007 07:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Horizon-Technologies/Tempe-Arizona-85282/Horizon-Technologies-Would-not-let-me-cancel-when-I-found-out-many-things-which-I-didnt-f-1028942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Horizon Technologies

A refund approved, as requested.

AUTHOR: S - (U.S.A.)

Here is a great example of how difficult it is to deal with this forum. Esther, signed a contract and an authorization form. Several days later she changed her mind and asked for a refund after she read bad things on this site. She had not even received her materials yet to review them.

So she posted a report trashing the company. As a matter of fact, she hadn't even sent a written refund request before she posted a report, which according to the site policies will never be removed. She hasn't returned the company's materials or her GPS device. So with less than 1 week elapsed, Horizon gets two bad reports, the refund was approved awaiting the customer's return of materials.

How many people are going to take the time and energy to read the follow-up? All anyone really sees is the damaging reports.

Esther, how quickly are you going to post the fact that your refund was processed, just like it says in the materials you will receive?

composer