Complaint Review: Hotwire

• Updated: Mon, July 23, 2012

• Reported By: Kathy — Latrobe Pennsylvania United States of America
Hotwire
Internet, Florida United States of America

Hotwire incorrect information....charged double the quoted price Internet, Florida

My daughter used Hotwire to rent a car for her vacation to Disney in Florida. She was told the price of $191.89 for six days, was also told that she could pay for the rental car with her credit card (she is not 25 years old) and was told that so long as the primary driver was 25 and had a valid drivers license when the car was picked up it was fine. Forward to Florida.......they would not only NOT let her pay for the car they cancelled the reservation and charge $371.08 for the same car. The representative that we tried to talk to basically told us that it was not Hotwire's problem that my daughter received incorrect information and that there was nothing that could be done about the situation. I asked to speak to a supervisor that told me the same thing. I told the supervisor that I would be calling the rental agency and even if they did give us the money back I was reporting Hotwire to the Better Business Bureau.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2012 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwire/Internet-Florida-/Hotwire-incorrect-informationcharged-double-the-quoted-price-Internet-Florida-916016. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire