Complaint Review: HouseHold Bank

• Reported By: Handypeople — La Grande Oregon United States of America
HouseHold Bank
Salinas, California United States of America

HouseHold Bank Household Bank Unethical Salinas, California

*Consumer Comment: pay the card off

*Consumer Suggestion: Don't set your payment so close to the minimum!

*Consumer Comment: You didn't view your statement

THE AUTO PAY that ISN'T an AUTO PAY. I have HOUSEHOLD BANK for years, I had Auto-Pay set up on my account originally for $50 and then dropped auto pay to $30 and my payment was always $29.00. Well last month they charged me $39 for membership against my account balance so then they changed my minimum to $31 but they only took out $30.00. so I got charged $25.00 late fee because I was 1$ short according to them in my auto pay.

This month it is back to $29.00 per month.&nbspI called household bank to find out why they didn't take out the minimum. They said they could only go up to the $30 limit I had. I said WHAT!!!! I have auto-pay, They told me I should have gone online and checked. I said that is ridiculous, why would auto pay not be an auto-pay. if I have to go online every time then what is auto-pay for! I said why do I have to go online and check to see if they are tricking me every month. That is why I have AUTO-PAY to AUTO-PAY.

Makes sense to everybody except HOUSEHOLD BANK. my other banks take out the $ amount or at least the minimum. So $1 cost me $25.00 and higher interest fees because I was late on $1.00 Way to go Congress, you really fixed the bank system if this is considered logical.

IT IS UNETHICAL at very least if not downright THEFT!!!!! Robbers go to jail and these guys are robbing everybody with their little banking schemes and then ruin your credit so you cant get a loan because you were short $1.00. Then everybody else can take a shot at you, your lenders, your insurance companies and anybody else that can take a shot at you. And it is amazing why people think the lower income earners are broke and in POVERTY!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2010 11:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HouseHold-Bank/Salinas-California-/HouseHold-Bank-Household-Bank-Unethical-Salinas-California-677405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HouseHold Bank

pay the card off

AUTHOR: Steph - (USA)

Pay the card off and then cancell it. they will try to talk you into keeping it but tell them you no longer want the account

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Don't set your payment so close to the minimum!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

It appears that you brough this problem on yourself.

You are paying only the minimum payment each month, so you are getting nowhere and setting yourself up for this sort of thing.

HOW did you think you could have set an auto-payment up that was just $1 over your current minimum monthly payment?

This is just plain old common sense.

Why not set that auto-pay at $35 or $40 and your problem will be solved.

Or just pay the bill manually each month. I don't do any auto-pays as I like staying in control of when people get paid, and how much they get. I don't have these type of problems.

You didn't view your statement

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

If they had taken more than the $30 you requested it would have been an unauthorized transaction.

Always pay more than the minimum so you can earn a higher credit rating and get a credit card that has no membership fees.

assist