Complaint Review: IADT

• Updated: Tue, June 05, 2012

• Reported By: Want_the_dream — Davenport Florida United States of America
IADT
6039 S Rio Grande Ave Orlando, Florida United States of America

IADT International Academy of Deign and Technology RIPOFF, LIARS, SCAMS, CONS, DREAM KILLERS, Orlando, Florida

I was a former student at IADT from 2006-2008. During my time at IADT I was too nave to realize the scam that was being put in front of my face. Since then I have manage to learn from this mistake but not without consequences.

My parents which are retired, very ill, and I are now 70,000K  in debt and growing there is not a day that does not go by that I am not reminded of this huge mistake which I believed to be the end of the so called salvation to my Independence and the start of my future.

When first going to the school I had done research, and what it had to offer, I was told and guaranteed that the school was nationally credited and that If I ever wanted to further my education to a University that I could do it with no problem. HUGE LIE!

I later started to find discrepancies in some of my paper work form school and financial aid offices at the time I was not of age to put loans under my own name without a co-signer and I later found that I had accumulated almost 7,000k worth of debt. I tried to fight theses loans since at the time my parents were on 2 parent plus loans and had covered my tuition for the years being there.  After almost going into a state of shock while over hearing two financial aid officers talking about a scam that theses poor kids were being put under. With no one to confided and scared of what my parents said I kept shut.

I knew I needed to get out of there before the next semester started so I withdrew from classes and told my parents that something did not seem right and we should consult a lawyer but my parents are old fashioned and did not really believe in the system nor that anyone would listen; we were 70,000k in debt and going into financial ruin. I have thought about this many a time and have contemplated suicidal thoughts as a result of this fiasco but will not let myself be pushed to the edge without putting a fight.

I feel like this school has raped others out of many dreams and hopes for their future. If anyone has a glimmer of hope or knows what to do or someone would like me to tell my story I will be more than happy to do so.  I feel that all former students and faculty should ban together and stop this rape from going further.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2012 10:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IADT/Orlando-Florida-/IADT-International-Academy-of-Deign-and-Technology-RIPOFF-LIARS-SCAMS-CONS-DREAM-KILLE-893497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IADT