Complaint Review: Iboats.com, Iboats

• Submitted: Thu, January 29, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 08, 2011

• Reported By:Marshall Virginia
Iboats.com, Iboats
170 West Election Dr Draper, Utah U.S.A.

Iboats.com, Iboats.com, Iboats Bad Boat Cover, Semi-Custom Boat Cover, Restocking Fees Draper Utah

*Consumer Comment: IBoats Did Not Learn and is NOT a "Better Company"

*UPDATE Employee: iboats.com's response

On 01/06/2009, I was looking for a semi-custom, boat cover and found a Westland cover sold thru its distributor, http://IBOATS.com. I called customer service and told them what year, model and make of my boat. They told me which cover would work, and I ordered one on-line and the same cover was retrieved when I put the info in their system.

After receiving it in a box, I tried it out and it sure DID NOT fit. I called customer service and spoke to a Candice Bell who told me that it was subject to a hefty restocking fee. I tried to tell her that I was not happy with the cover and that it did not seem to fit. She advised me to take photos. I did.

The next day, I submitted them. I was given an email sharply telling me that the cover was not for the boat. I called and Candice began arguing with me that my boat was a certain length when the boat title said otherwise and that it was MY FAULT. She faulted me for not documenting who I originally spoke to.. Who does this??

IBOATS.COM is NOT the place to order a cover and customer service is unrelenting. I asked to speak to a supervisor and it was the "There is no supervisor around story." I also noted that when you place an order that they are drawing from multiple sources and you will likely be hit with multiple shipping charge.

Update: Iboats will not address the fact that they told me the cover will fit and is charging significant restocking fee.

RCH
Marshall, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2009 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Iboatscom-Iboats/Draper-Utah-84020/Iboatscom-Iboatscom-Iboats-Bad-Boat-Cover-Semi-Custom-Boat-Cover-Restocking-Fees-Dra-417717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Iboats.com, Iboats

IBoats Did Not Learn and is NOT a "Better Company"

AUTHOR: Patti - (United States of America)

IBoat's response is a joke.  They haven't learned a gosh darn thing, and they decidely are NOT a better company today.  See my report of August 2011.  I am having a nearly identical experience to this consumer's.  Stay away from Iboats unless you like to throw your money away.

iboats.com's response

AUTHOR: iboats.com - (United States of America)

RCH,

We sincerely regret the experience you had with your boat cover purchase. It is terribly frustrating to order a product in good faith only to discover what you ordered does not accommodate the need. We make every effort possible to provide a fair solution in these kinds of situations, regardless of where the fault resides.

As you are aware, once an understanding was reached, the decision was made to waive the re-stock fee at iboats.com's expense and a full credit was issued on 2/23/09.

RCH, again, we appreciate you taking the time to document your experience. We are a better company today because of it.