Complaint Review: Jasper Contractors | Ripoff Report Verified Safe™ ..businesses you can trust. Provides the highest quality roofing and HVAC services to homeowners. On-site verification by Ripoff Report.

• Submitted: Sun, June 05, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, January 16, 2015

• Reported By: Kim — Magna Utah United States of America
2912 S 460 W SLC, Ut 84115 Internet United States of America

Jasper Contractors Verified REVIEW: Jasper Contractors commitment to total customer satisfaction. Jasper Contractors past and current approach to business is focused on providing the highest quality roofing and HVAC services to homeowners. Atlanta, Baton Rouge, Cincinnati, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, St. Louis.

*UPDATE: Jasper Contractors pledges their commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. Jasper Contractors recognized by Ripoff Report Verified

REVIEW UPDATE JANUARY 16 2015: Jasper Contractors remains committed to increased customer satisfaction and has improved their business practices over the years to better serve their customers. Jasper Contractors is truly dedicated to making sure their customers are satisfied and that any complaints which do arise are addressed promptly and fairly.

To date, Jasper Contractors has made good faith efforts to resolve all complaints reported on Rip-off Report. Based on our experience, the member business has proven to be among the top members of the Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program as a Verified Safe Business™.

Over time and since becoming a member, Jasper Contractors has remained actively engaged and improving the way they address customer service complaints. As an active and current member of the Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program we are happy to report that now more than ever Jasper Contractors remains committed to improving customer satisfaction. [continued below]....

Remember, no company or individual can ever satisfy 100% of the people 100% of the time. There are no products or services that will always be perfect for everyone and even the best companies will receive complaints from time to time. However, by participating in the Corporate Advocacy Program, the member business has made a commitment to working with its customers to resolve complaints quickly and fairly whenever possible.

Please keep in mind that as a consumer you have some responsibilities as well. Success has many definitions that based on your past experiences, current situation and your perceived expectations. Success with any product or service is always based on the proper application and understanding. The fastest car will not run if you never turn the engine on. Look at how you used the product or service that was provided in relation with the instructions that you received. The Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program will help you get your voice heard but please be prepared with documentation and fair representation of your concern, also have an idea of how the company can fix your concern. Can they offer additional services, extend warranties, offer a fair refund or just get you talking with someone that can help. ..let them know and let us know!

*Any consumer not receiving satisfaction from a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program should email us at editor@ripoffreport.com
 Jasper Contractors is Rip-off Report Verified

Ripoff Report Verified REVIEW:

EDitors UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Jasper Contractors for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Reports discussions with Jasper Contractors have confirmed a commitment by the company to customer satisfaction. This means that customers can expect that the company will diligently take whatever measures necessary to come to a mutual understanding in regards to any and all service issues. In their ongoing quest for excellence within the communities they serve, Jasper Contractors listens carefully to customer concerns and uses them to learn from past mistakes in order to become more efficient as a company.

Jasper Contractors owner and CEO, Brian Wedding, has informed us that even before the inception of our company in 2004, he has been a firm believer in the importance of delivering incredible customer service. He has applied that belief to the company culture at Jasper because their ultimate goal is to build customers for life. That being said, a stringent focus on quality workmanship and excellent customer care are often stressed upon both in the office and out in the field.

As a successful entrepreneur, Mr. Wedding feels it is imperative to listen to his customers and to respond promptly and considerately. By always putting his customers first, Mr. Wedding hopes to maintain Jasper Contractors reputation as a trustworthy and reliable company in the roofing and HVAC industry. Jasper Contractors takes employee satisfaction seriously as well and strives to promote a positive working environment by encouraging feedback from associates on a regular basis.

Jasper Contractors recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report regardless of validity are issues that need to be addressed and not ignored. With the feedback generated by Rip-off Reports Investigation Jasper Contractors has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.
Jasper Contractors is Rip-off Report Verified

The Following information provided in this report is based on comments made by Brian Wedding and his staff during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Jasper Contractors.

Jasper Contracts is a roofing and HVAC company located in twelve cities nationwide. Their target market is everyone because everyone has a roof over their head, whether that be at work or at home. The company believes that their size and various awards they have won set them apart from other companies in their industry. Additionally, they believe they are a competitive employer because they offer benefits such as company vehicles and insurance coverage for their employees and their families with no out-of-pocket costs.

The sales process at Jasper starts out with a salesmen knocking on homeowners doors. Occasionally, their sales force focuses on an area where damage has occurred due to storms or environmental conditions. While meeting potential customers, the salesperson is responsible for explaining to the homeowner the services Jasper can provide. At this time, the salesperson explains the steps it will take to complete the roof installation and provides advice when dealing with the homeowners insurance company. Additionally, the salesperson will aid in working with the insurance adjustor to assess the damages. During the entire sale and installation of the product, a representative from Jasper stays in constant communication with the client to ensure they are receiving the best customer care possible.

Jasper has noted that there are some areas of concern that need improvement internally, such as some of their methods of communication. Currently, they are taking an active approach on implementing new systems. For example, all of their employees are now given Android phones to ensure that orders can be processed right away. Additionally, employees have special email addresses for billing to make sure orders are taken care of in a timely manner.

One of the most common complaints Jasper receives is they occasionally leave nails behind after a job is complete on the ground. Jasper states that they go back out to the site and provide a magnetic sweep to clear the nails left behind. The other complaint the company commonly receives is in regards to the customers invoice being different than the quoted price. This is usually due to supplemental damage to roof that cannot be seen until the original roof has been taken off. Jasper does their best to explain this to customers. Additionally, the company states that if clients are dissatisfied with something, they send a representative onsite within twenty-four hours of being notified. They work with the homeowner until the situation is resolved.

Jasper has received many complaints from former employees in the sales department in regards to their termination policies. The company stated that they have put new training in place for the sales department which they feel helps to retain employees.

Since Jasper Contractors has been a part of Ripoff Report Consumer Advocacy Program, changes have been made to do whatever it takes to make the client happy. Japer is now requesting satisfaction surveys from current customers, they have more field managers working onsite, and they work to fix problems with-in twenty-four hours. They also have learned to communicate better with their customers and are implementing that through a blog and responding to the complaints on Ripoff Report. Jasper feels as though it is beneficial to defend how they are represented in their industry.

In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with Mr. Wedding and many of his past and current associates, Ripoff Report is convinced that Jasper Contractors is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, its a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

Check out Jasper Contractors and Jasper Roofing website

Jasper Contractors Jasper Roofing Jasper Contractors hope that they don't knock on your door! Your roof color may not be what you want and you will be treated horrible Internet

Jasper Roofing came through my neighborhood after a storm with a great sales approach to getting your insurance company to pay for your whole roof to get replaced. I thought I had been quite lucky for my roof to be one that was being replaced.

The salesman had me sign the contract while we were on the phone with my insurance as we talked for almost an hour one of the last things was talking about was the color. My roof was black he gave me this sales pitch on how if I went lighter my utilities would be better and such. I told him I wanted to possibly consider something else but I had touched and picked the color onyx which is a black shingle with shades of gray. He assured me that because of the long process of getting to roof approved I would have plenty of time to change my mind.

He wrote the color and I never gave it a second thought. My roof was approved and apparently there was a hail storm in CO and my salesman went to chase the storm. Once the roof was approved I called and he said that they would start as soon as I could give them my $1000.00 deductible. He arranged for another person to get it from me nothing was discussed about color because I knew that I just wanted the onyx so I didn't even bring it up to change it because I thought thats what was written.

The day my roof was being put on I went to the property things were going by swiftly by 9 am they had my old roof off. I had to work so I left after the onsite

Forman showed up. My tenant remained at the property and called me 10:55 am to

tell me that the wrong color was being put on. About a 10x15 area of the

shingles were on at that point, they were Hispanic but my tenant speaks Spanish and told them

several times to stop because it was the wrong color nothing was done.

As I drove to the property I looked at my contract and he had written Amber for

the color...far from onyx! I called the original salesman Robert and told him

they were putting on Amber and that I had told him I wanted the black he said,

"oh thats right we were going to talk about the color before we put it

on, I'm sorry let me make a call and I will see if we can figure this out".

I got to the property the workers still speedily went forth in the 22 minutes

that it took him to call me back the roof was almost 1/2 done at 11:21 he

called me back and said that someone was on their way to handle it and they would

talk to me, a few minutes later the roofers stopped. I man walked into my

backyard and shook my hand and said I am Patrick.

His demeanor was very offensive before he even spoke I knew he wasn't there to

Help me. He looked at the roof and said well what would you like to do the roof

is half finished? I said well I want a black roof. He didn't even ask how this

big of a misunderstanding could have happened or anything. He said very firmly

that my only option would be to not only pay for everything that was done and

for the shingles ordered in the color Amber but then I would have to pay the

labor for them to remove redo and then pay for the black shingles in full. He

gave no room for discussion or the fact that if they would have stopped when

they were first told that my cost of the shingles would have been somewhere

around$200-$300 which would have been something I could have lived with

considering I signed the contract. He wouldn't hear anything he just focused

that that was my option...

Before we went our ways he asked if I had the rest of the money. I told him I

couldn't go to the bank to have them endorse the insurance check until 5 pm he

said I will see you then. He told them to start working again I left the

property in shock and disappointed because the color was nothing I had

personally ever considered it was the very lightest color close to the vinyl

siding color of my home.

Within a few minutes I realized that this was not OK and he had no right

treating me like that, I called Robert the salesman and told him that sending someone

to humiliate me and treat me bad was very rude and I told him that this was

horrible and I HATED THE COLOR. He again apologized that he didn't follow

I told him 500 apologies would not change my roof, and that he would be smart

to make sure that the homeowners got the color they wanted sense that is the

most important thing. He said that he did not know they were coming to be rude

and not compromise I'm so sorry.

I drove back to work and called my husband he suggested I call them at their office

and ask for the owner. I did call the main number on my contract and told the

secretary that I needed to talk to someone as high up as I could get because

every second that went by a roof was being put on in a color I did not want.

I received Patrick the person I had just talked to. I said I don't know what to

do here I really don't want this color. He got more rude and started telling me

that what would I like him to do call his men and tell them to get off your

roof and leave it all exposed? I said I want the right color and he just argued

said that I had no choice because I signed the contract

The discussion continued until he said to me...Mrs. ______ you are the only one

who is imagining that your roof should be black, the contract says Amber and

the shingles delivered are Amber and my guys are doing their job. I explained

how they were told right at the start that it was wrong and regardless what the

contract says if they are told it's wrong they should stop and make a phone

call. He said that the roof was half done (it was half done by the time he got

to my home around 11:45) when they were first told there was about a 10x15 area done.

I was insulted and could see this person had absolutely no customer service and

didn't care about anything but the money as he verified once again that he

would see me at 5 pm.

I hung up and called my insurance agent at that point it was 12:43. My agent

was shocked that they were being so unwilling to work things out. She said

there was nothing she could do but I could  tell them to leave and I could hire someone

else. I told her how Patrick had mentioned my roof would be exposed and she

said that it would be fine. She said they were just bulling me into feeling I

had no options but I was the one who had to pay them.

I hung up called the main Salt Lake # and asked for Patrick. it took several minutes

for someone to get him. I told him to stop his guys that I wanted a black roof

and that I would hire someone else if they didn't want to do anything about it.

He argued again and swore at me telling me that I had asked for this roof and

that he wouldn't do anything. So I told him I talked to my agent and that the

roof would be fine "exposed" and that I would just hire someone else to

finish. So he said so you really want me to have them stop and I said yes. He

said what about the money I said well I want a black roof. He said so you

aren't going to pay us? I said I have already given you $1000.00 and if thats

what I have to say to get your men off my roof then I guess yes because youre

not understanding the fact that I want a black roof. He said "WOW"

and hung up on me.

I called my work to tell them I had an emergency and my tenant to tell him to

make sure they didn't damage my house and then headed up to the property it was

about 10 minutes they were still working when I got there. Unfortunately at

that point the roof was almost complete. I was sick to see that and very upset.

The onsite Forman drove up and came over to talk to me and he asked whats

wrong. and I explained how several times they were told the roof was the wrong

color. He was surprised that Jasper would let it go this far. He said who did

you speak with? I said well I think the owner his name was Patrick. He became

more surprised and said that Patrick was far from the owner. He was very nice

and felt bad. The crew still cleaned up some before 2 more Jasper trucks showed

up and at that point they were told to stop and remove the shingles that they

were going to leave.

I chose to be nice and not demand for them to get off my property. I really was

upset that it had come to all this. They were finally cleared out after 2 pm.

I waited for a phone call, nothing.

The next morning I was checking my email and the President of the company and

emailed me at 2:12 pm that he had called and that he felt he was concerned

about my character and mentioned that a lien would be placed on my home the next

day if I did not contact him within 24 hours.

I emailed him immediately even before I called my lawyer because I could tell

by how he worded things that my words had been twisted and that he had been

lied to.

I explained that I was not treated with respect and that I was waiting to hear

from someone of his position that I would be happy to explain everything to him

if I could be treated with respect. I mentioned in my email that Amber was no

even a color I had considered.

He emailed me back disregarded anything else I had said and basically said

"a color you never considered?...it was on the contract you signed. He

said that when he was called the roof was halfway done."

Also the second email I looked at was sent at 4:24 pm slightly over 2 hours

later of the copy of the lien being placed on my home. There was no 24 hours

given to me. I am not a dishonest person I would never withhold monies, they

left me no choice but to tell them to stop. They received $1000.0 and I never

said I was stopping payment on the insurance check like Patrick told the

president of the company. I can't stop a payment on a check that is written to

I simply said I wanted a black roof and I wasn't going to endorse the check

until it was figured out. Why would anyone meet someone to sign a check over to them

after being insulted the way I was.? I honestly wanted I speak with someone

after everything calmed down, I knew every second that went by it was more

money out of my pocket because they had already made it very clear they

wouldn't do anything about me getting a black roof. I wasn't at the home and I

did not wait until the roof was almost complete on purpose like is being implied

to the president...

After I called and left a message with the president of the company that I

wanted to work out arrangements of how we could resolve this and didn't receive

a call back, I once again called the salesman Robert. I asked him to please

help me get a hold of someone because I didn't have intentions of not paying

them for the roof. Especially after I got there and saw that it was almost

done. I told him that since he knew where the mistake was and that he knew how

all this misunderstanding happened I asked him to please let them know the

truth and since I am going to have to live with this color see what he could do

with compromising on the final cost. That was the advice I received from my

He said he would call him and one of them would call me back.

It has been 3 days and no one has contacted me so I can make arrangements for

payment and have them finish the roof. They put a lien on my home for $5582.59

which was the amount my insurance said they would pay. Jasper contractors

cashed a personal check of mine on June 2, 2011 for $1,000.00 and I also do not

have a completed roof which means the insurance will not release the rest of

the funds. I may have told them to stop but I have now left messages with the

president of the company and emailed the employee that put the lienon my home also I have

left a message at their main nationwide number and told my salesman that I

wanted them to finish the roof and get this behind us.

I have never even heard of a company acting in such a way...what happened to

honesty and employees fessing up their mistakes and managers not only being

worried about customer satisfaction but defiantly not insulting their customers

the person who keeps them all having a job. And then for a President of a

company to go along with it all taking only one side of a story and a very distorted

one at that and putting lien on someones home before you even have contact

with them. I understand none of us would want to work for free or let someone

get away with getting a roof for $1000.00, I called to resolve things as soon

as I knew they had contacted me. Just to give you an idea of how much I

actually cared about resolving this, I called and was emailing the president of

the company from the hospital waiting room while my husband was having surgery.I did not let a moment go by after I knew I had been contacted I had waited all evening for someone to call me, the onsite foreman told me to expect a call from someone. I even expressed to him at the home that I just wanted to work things out. It was Patrick that I could no longer deal with.

I honestly have no more words than Beware of Jasper! They must get discounts on

certain colors of shingles why else would a salesman try talking a homeowner

into a lighter color and then continue a job after being told several times it

was not the color expected?!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2011 01:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jasper-Contractors-Ripoff-Report-Verified-Safe-businesses-you-can-trust-Provides-the-highest-quality-roofing-and-HVAC-services-to-homeowners-On-site-verification-by-Ripoff-Report/internet/Jasper-Contractors-Verified-REVIEW-Jasper-Contractors-commitment-to-total-customer-satisf-736955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jasper Contractors | Ripoff Report Verified Safe™ ..businesses you can trust. Provides the highest quality roofing and HVAC services to homeowners. On-site verification by Ripoff Report.