Complaint Review: Kids.com - Justourkids.com

• Submitted: Wed, July 30, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 26, 2008

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
Kids.com - Justourkids.com
6326 N. Lincoln Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Kids.com - Justourkids.com We paid 2 checks to this company, one for $595.00 check #269 and a second check for $99 check number 270 and after about 6 months, they dropped off of the map with our money. I have all documentation. Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Same Here!!

*Consumer Comment: former kids.com justourkids.com is now back in rip off business as www.adkids.net

*Consumer Comment: help us all

On March 7,2007 my husband and I started a contract with Kids.com a.k.a. justourkids.com for our two kids. The woman, Ginny Alberts-Johnson took the appointment with us and showed us many different pictures of "successful" clients. And like every other parent I knew my kids were cuter thus more likely to be cast in a commercial or photo shoot of some kind.

We had gone to see Ginny before and she had a very well-rehearsed speech as to how successful her clients were and since we saw her a total of 2 times not even one word has changed between both meetings! The reason why we had the second meeting with her was because we wanted to take time to do our own research on the company since we were putting in so much money.

To our surprise, everything looked legit and other people were happy with them. We were even contacted by them about 3 years earlier, but we didn't have the money to pay. Even 3 years prior things looked legit, so we decided to go ahead and sign them up. It took us those three years to be able to afford to have our kids signed up.

Agentang
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2008 03:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kidscom-Justourkidscom/Chicago-Illinois-60656/Kidscom-Justourkidscom-We-paid-2-checks-to-this-company-one-for-59500-check-269-an-357499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kids.com - Justourkids.com

Same Here!!

AUTHOR: Suzukilovee - (U.S.A.)

I have been taken by the same scam also. I believe they get a list of all the newborns born at the hospitals and that's how they contact us with that phony letter introduction about being referred by someone else that our child was beautiful or cute. It's the same as when we received many child coupon offers for diapers and formulas. We were all put on this list, this is the ONLY modeling agency that I heard from though. And to make it even more interesting, I received this letter from them more than once. I received another one about a couple of months after I signed on, so I knew it was crap. If anyone is building up a case than I would like to be involved.

Same like the others no phone calls, no work. But they took that $600.00!!! ASAP

AUTHOR: Ron - (U.S.A.)

I got suckered out of paying around $595 to have a picture of my son on a web site, paying for photo fees every 6 Months and updating them.

Then the company disappeared with my money, moved away from 6326 N. Lincoln Chicago, IL 60656 over to 4801 W. Peterson Avenue, Suite 615, Chicago, IL 60646 (773) 205-4160. They now call themselves ad kids www.adkids.net

Now they claim they are legit and a member of BBB...

Another big scam waiting to happen.

help us all

AUTHOR: Jessica - (U.S.A.)

this also happend to our family we had 3 years left on our contract. how do we get our money back? why cant anyone help us!!!! please let me know if a class action has been submited.

very sad in michigan.