Complaint Review: Legal Zoom

• Updated: Mon, June 10, 2013

• Reported By: DCA — New York New York
Legal Zoom
Internet USA

Legal Zoom Misled me into monthly fee service that I never asked for or wanted Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Response to LegalZoom Complaint

Legal Zoom is a rip-off artist.  I am a corporate lawyer that used Legal Zoom to prepare a simple will for myself and wife.  I willingly paid about $75 each for the will, but unknowingly I was signed up for a "monthly premium service" and did not catch that my AMEX had been charged $15 / month for 4 months.  I phoned and spoke with a representative with the company who was pleasant, but it was clear to me after speaking with him that his employer does this deceptive behaviour all of the time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2013 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legal-Zoom/internet/Legal-Zoom-Misled-me-into-monthly-fee-service-that-I-never-asked-for-or-wanted-Internet-1057965. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legal Zoom

Response to LegalZoom Complaint

AUTHOR: LegalZoom - ()

We're sorry to hear that you were being charged for a service that you were unaware of.  The plan that you were enrolled into is a legal plan that entitles you to receive unlimited attorney consultations on any new legal matter along with additional benefits like unlimited revisions to your Last Will & Testament.

When you purchase the Comprehensive package, it’s outlined on the LegalZoom website as a 30 day free trial with the option to opt out at any time.

If this is something that you specified you didn’t want to participate in or you did not see the details of the plan on our website's pricing page when you originally placed the order with us, then you shouldn’t have been enrolled and that's our mistake.

We appreciate your feedback as we are constantly striving to ensure the satisfaction of each customer.