Complaint Review: Magazine Services Of America

• Submitted: Sun, August 26, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, August 26, 2007

• Reported By:Manchester New Hampshire
Magazine Services Of America
7378 W. Atlantic Blvd #222 And 8301 W. McNab Rd. Margate And Tamarac, Florida U.S.A.

Magazine Services Of America liars, ripoff artists and liars Margate, Tamarac Florida

In my dealings with MSA I have dealt with deceipt, lying and stealing. My daughter was having almost $90.00 a month taken out of her checking account and for almost a year she tried to resolve it and was given the runaround, put on hold for hours at a time. She was told her husband ordered the magazines and they had a recording of his agreement to order them.

This was supposedly at a time when he was in Iraq.(I don't think he called from Iraq just to order magazines.) The told my daughter her husband had to call as he placed the order even though it was her credit card on her checking account. When she threatened to cancel they told her they would report her to the credit bureau unless she paid the balance which was $90 plus for another 48 months.

She finally told me about it. I told her to get a copy of the "contract". The contract contained no Business name, no time frame on how long they were going to take money from my daughters account. They were taking money out for 2 sets of 5 magazines and some of the magazines were exactly the same.

I checked online and that is when I was directed to RipOff and started reading other reports about this company. I instructed my daughter to cancel her credit card and then I called this company and at first they were very cordial until I got into the reason for my calling.

Then they started getting defensive and said my son-in-law had to call. I told them they were going to deal with me and I wanted some answers. I asked them why they were taking money for 2 of the same magazines and they came up with this lame excuse that my son-in-law must have renewed the subscription.

When it hadn't expired to begin with? The more I revealed to them about what I knew about their practices the nastier they got until I told them I wasn't sure how they obtained my daughters credit card number but I would definitely find out and that as far as them ripping them off anymore--that was going to stop as of today.

Just before they hung up on me I told them I was not through with them and that my next call was to the attorney general in Florida.

PS-My daughter has not heard from them since

Susan
Manchester, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2007 08:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magazine-Services-Of-America/Margate-And-Tamarac-Florida-33063-and-33321/Magazine-Services-Of-America-liars-ripoff-artists-and-liars-Margate-Tamarac-Florida-270437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magazine Services Of America