Complaint Review: National Magazine Exchange

• Updated: Fri, April 25, 2014

• Reported By: Irate — Massachusetts
National Magazine Exchange
8285 Bryan Dairy Road Largo, Florida USA

National Magazine Exchange Strike It Rich IX Sweepstakes Pushy, Pushy, Pushy! Largo Florida

Today in the mail, I received a notice for the Strike It Rich IX Sweepstakes. Reading the enclosed material, I then called the phone number provided to "confirm" the ID number and activate my entry. It was also clearly stated that no purchase was necessary to enter. The person I was speaking with then proceeded to try to get me to buy magazines, which I sort of expected. I let her say her piece, then politely said I was not interested. She paused for a beat, then continued to talk - pushing the magazines - as if I hadn't said anything. This happened 3 times. I finally had to be rude and simply hung up the phone. I then proceeded to send 2 emails - one to National Magazine Exchange site & one to the Strike It Rich IX Sweepstakes site. Just to be on the safe side, I also called the number provided (different number from the one called to enter) to be removed from the mailing list. That number was a recording where you could "leave a message" including the entry ID# in the mailing. I did so, going further to state that I did not wish to receive any phone calls either. The nerve of this company. I listened politely, said no politely, and was completely ignored. Very shoddy & questionable practice. Should I hear from these people again, I will update my report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2014 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Magazine-Exchange/Largo-Florida-33777/National-Magazine-Exchange-Strike-It-Rich-IX-Sweepstakes-Pushy-Pushy-Pushy-Largo-Flori-1141459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Magazine Exchange