Complaint Review: National One Telecom

• Submitted: Sun, September 19, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, September 19, 2004

• Reported By:Carson, California
National One Telecom
www.nationalone.com Bedford, New Hampshire U.S.A.

National One Telecom RIPOFF fraudulent charges and illegal dialing Bedford New Hampshire

*Consumer Suggestion: It seems that computer users are being hit with a program that comes over their internet connection

My husband and I were sent a bill from National One Telecom. When tring to dispute the charges via e-mail, which is the only way to communicate, we were told that the calls must have come from our computer because they did a trace and the charges were not a mistake and we are responsible for the charges. And then asked us how did we want to pay for the charges that were over $100.00 made to UNTD KINGD.

A few weeks later we received our telephone bill of $650.00 that was taken off and sent back to National One. But we still have the separate bills that we hold and don't know how to dispute them and prevent the charges going on our credit report. How do we handle this?

Desiree
Carson,, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2004 04:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-One-Telecom/Bedford-New-Hampshire-03110/National-One-Telecom-RIPOFF-fraudulent-charges-and-illegal-dialing-Bedford-New-Hampshire-109133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National One Telecom

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Desiree, I'm sorry to hear this happened. Check this site for other complaints like yours. It seems that computer users are being hit with a program that comes over their internet connection. The program runs silently on their computer, making all kinds of long distance calls, running up hundreds of dollars in bills.

Your phone company knows this. They know exactly what is happening to you. They get a cut of the profits. That's why they are willing to sit back and let it happen. Many customers don't even check the bills. They just send in whatever is asked. Others, like yourself, see it and complain. But, in the end, many people are scared and just pay what is asked. The phone company is counting on that. They take their share and hand the rest over to the owner of the fraud program. Both of them laugh all the way to the bank, while you end up sitting home broke and scared.

First, I would dispute the bill. I'd send in the money for the service I did use, along with a letter of explanation. Make copies for court. After the second fraud, I'd cancel my phone service. I can't afford to do business with any company that lets this nonsense continue. Pay what you owe. But, not the fraud part.

Please, please, please let them report a dispute as an unpaid judgement. I'd be down in court so fast that their heads would spin. I'd ask for damages that would cost them more than all the profit they ever made off of me.

As long as you pay, they will let this kind of thing continue. When the phone company is losing money on these fraud calls, they will put a stop to it in a hurry. You can count on that. But, as long as they have a willing victim, they will sit back and laugh about it.

The PUC (public utilities commision) might be interested in your phone company. The bottom line is money. Don't pay. Good luck!