Complaint Review: National One Telecom

• Reported By: somewherein Maryland
  • National One Telecom
    PO Box 130959
    Dallas, Texas

National One Telecom ripoff, scam, false billing, illegitimate claim, collection, false report to credit bureau Dallas Texas

I am in the process of getting a loan, so our Lender pulled our credit reports and discovered that National One Telecom was "collecting" $116 from my husband and I. I remembered dealing with this company two years ago when I received a phony bill which stated I had made some international call to view a pay-per-view site (which I had NOT done!).

At that time, I made multiple attempts to contact the company, then resorted to informing the FCC, Better Business Bureau, and my state officials, and I thought it was taken care of because I stopped getting notices! LO AND BEHOLD there they are, STILL on my credit report TODAY!!!

I called Collection Express , Inc. at 888-560-6340 and was told that ALL of these claims were being dropped now because of the fraudulent claims, and they contacted Equifax to clear our credit report. They said that this should take care of it once and for all, but I will be wary and will keep my out out for them!

BEWARE! They are sneaky, patient, and persistent-- and they will cling to your credit report as long as they can! Think of the people out there who will not find out until YEARS later that they still "owe" this bill, and then they'll pay it just because it is easier to do that than to investigate the issue! They will keep making money off people for years! It's sick, but it's apparently happening all the time. Advocate for your rights and do not let it drop! It *IS* a scam!

Crystal
somewherein, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2006 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/national-one-telecom/dallas-texas-75313/national-one-telecom-ripoff-scam-false-billing-illegitimate-claim-collection-false-re-182459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content