Complaint Review: Network Solutions

• Submitted: Fri, February 22, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, February 22, 2013

• Reported By: Charzanka — wichita Kansas United States of America
Network Solutions

Network Solutions networksolutions.com Kept Credit Card Info and Billed without authorization Internet

*Consumer Comment: Indeed

I didn't authorize this merchant to auto renew my bill and they pulled this transaction without my knowledge. This was unauthorized.

PLEASE READ THIS, I AM QUITE MAD ABOUT THIS

This vendor offers "Automatic Renewal" which means that when your domain and email come back up for renewal in a year or so it will automatically renew with the credit card originally provided.

I set up web sites and custom email domains for customers, I am completely familiar with the "Automatic Renewal" options and I always recommend turning them off.

The particular charge to me was for domain and email services for myself.  $247

I ALWAYS make sure to turn off any automatic payments as I want to know when and where my money is going.

I DID NOT ASK THEM TO STORE OR KEEP MY CREDIT CARD INFO, YET THEY DID.

When I called them the person I talked to said that they had sent out an email telling customers that the automatic renewal was going to be turned back on unless you logged in and told them not to.

I am sorry but my lack of protest is NOT PERMISSION. I feel that they are doing something ILLEGAL, grey area or not.

Also, My domain was not due for renewal until mid to end of April and they hit my card Feb 18th.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2013 05:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Network-Solutions/internet/Network-Solutions-networksolutionscom-Kept-Credit-Card-Info-and-Billed-without-authorizat-1018472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Network Solutions

Indeed

AUTHOR: Janne - ()

I also didn't authorize this merchant to auto renew my bill. "Automatic Renewal" is a scam. Criminal. Even if you agreed to auto renewal, there should be an option to cancel it. Other option but to call extremely expensive landline from abroad (which in the end does not help to cancel either)!!! I have a domain with no use, and I want to get rid of it. How difficult it should be? The only thing I can do is to block their access to my paypal account, I hope it helps and they don't have any backdoor to steal more from me.