Complaint Review: New World Media

• Submitted: Fri, May 08, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 08, 2009

• Reported By:Huntsville Alabama
New World Media
6245 W Howard St Niles, Illinois U.S.A.

New World Media, Transforming Debt Into Wealth, John Cummuta Multiple unauthorized withdrawls from checking account, takes your money and STILL sends you to debt collection Niles Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Unexpected

I sent for thier product thinking it would help me to improve my credit score. 2 weeks after I had received the box a counsler had called to follow up. I told the counsler at that time I had not opened the box yet.

Approx. 30 min. into the conversation it was determined that what I ordered was not what I really needed. According to the counsler I would benifit more from personal one-on-one counseling and suggested that I return the product. I did this using the good old US mail.

All this occurred in Jan. 2009, here it is May 2009 and at the being of this month New World Media removed 2 payments back to back from my account. I called them and was hung up on, I called back getting a man who was not very helpful and just generally pissed me off.

I was told that if I could produce the receipt from the post office that they would refund my money....folks I mailed the darn thing in Jan. and it is now 5 months later, I have had AT LEAST 2 purse changes since then and I'm having a big problem finding the receipt to say the least.

The next day I also received a call from a collection agency about the money THEY JUST REMOVED FROM MY ACCOUNT!!!!...I really wish that I had done a little investigating before even thinking of ordering anything from this company. I am a single parent with a TIGHT TIGHT budget and it's just wrong that they can sneek money from your account like that while at the same time sicking the wloves on you.

Terri
Huntsville, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2009 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-World-Media/Niles-Illinois-60714-3403/New-World-Media-Transforming-Debt-Into-Wealth-John-Cummuta-Multiple-unauthorized-withdra-449963. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New World Media

Unexpected

AUTHOR: Jt - (U.S.A.)

Wow, that is something you just don't expect. A company that you paid to help get you out of debt is now sending you to collections...I guess they aren't really interested in helping at all.