amazing

• Updated: Fri, May 08, 2009

• Reported By:Lampe Missouri
Nordyne
Ofallon, Missouri U.S.A.

Nordyne Please read before considering to buy a Nordyne AC/Heat pump unit Ofallon Missouri

* : Same problem facing now

*Consumer Comment: SAME HERE NORDYNE HEAT PUMP HAS BEEN SERVICED 9 TIMES in 2 years BROKEN NOW

I purchased a ac/heatpump outdoor self contained unit on 7/23/08. The ac worked great. The heatpump is not good. We have had a service tech out here 3 times already and hes coming again today to repair it. We have spent half as much as the purchase price on repairs.

We bought a new unit so it would be under warranty and wouldnt have problems with it for a few years. This unit is only 3 months old. The last problem we had with it was on monday night, their defective part caused a pressure buildup and blew my lines which caused me to lose all my freon (which is over 200.00)

I contacted April at nordynes warranty department. She basically told me that we bought it now its our problem. They wont pay for any labor or freon (it was their defective part that caused the lines to blow) We have had problems since we have used the heat.

My husband and i are truck drivers and cant leave the house running an electric heater. Even after it gets fixed (until it breaks again, which the tech said will be highly likely to happen again) I will be afraid it will burn down my house or something.

I have a friend that bought the same unit last year and had the same problem we have 3 times. He ended up buying a carrier unit, cause the Nordyne wouldnt warranty it. They shouldnt be allowed to do business this way. I work hard for my money, but they cant say the same about themselves.

My ac tech just finished the 4th repair to the unit and he called Nordyne and said it's ridiculious that we should have to pay for their mistakes, he told the woman at the warranty department that we didn't have the money to live on for a couple of weeks because we had to pay for the repairs, (he had her on the speakerphone so I heard every word that she said) she told him that "that isn't her problem, she dosen't care".

We are going to buy us a new carrier unit. I am going to have to hire me a lawyer. So if you are thinking about buying a Nordyne unit, Please do yourself a favor, change your mind, it would be one of the worst mistakes you can make.

Trisha
Lampe, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2008 10:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nordyne/Ofallon-Missouri/Nordyne-Please-read-before-considering-to-buy-a-Nordyne-ACHeat-pump-unit-Ofallon-Missouri-393877. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nordyne

#1

Same problem facing now

AUTHOR: srikarthik - (USA)

I am also in the similar circumstances..facing deep trouble with this AC condenser unit. It has a small leak that leaked out the freon. I have already spent $1200 on labor to get this warranty taken care off. This is ridiculous and hate to buy any more products from this company.

SAME HERE NORDYNE HEAT PUMP HAS BEEN SERVICED 9 TIMES in 2 years BROKEN NOW

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

IT IS 90 degrees in my home and I am paying 395.00 a month for this useless NORDYNE heat PUMP!! This is an inferior product! It has been serviced 9 times for "slow freon leaks"
NORDYNE has not done anything about this , but the distributor that sold it is being helpful and admits there is a known problem with some of these units and has agreed to replace the coil. The compressor failed in the first part of the 2nd year.
But for now I am in a 90 degree house once again while paying for this useless junk.
In my opinion A reputable manufacturer would have replaced this lemon!!!