scared

Onrebate - Tiger Direct
OnRebate.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Onrebate I'm a victim of TigerDirect too! ripoff Miami Florida

*Author of original report: Onrebate.com update from Muskego, WI

I bought my daughter and her family a new computer and monitor from TigerDirect. Since I've never ordered from them before, I was not aware of all the bad reports - it looked like a good deal.

I thought it was alot of work to get my rebates, but for $190.00 I also figured it was worth the 45 minutes and detailed instructions to follow.

I got confirmation that all the rebates had been accepted, and the only one I received was the $40.00 from HP directly.

I also got confirmation emails from OnRebate, telling me my rebate checks would be mailed "on or about 2/10 and 2/15" respectively.

I've been watching my mail, but of course no check has come. That's when I went online to check on the company and found all these negative reports. I sent them an email 2 weeks ago to customer service, asking for response and for when I could expect my checks, but alas, no reply.

It looks like I, too, am one of their countless victims.

Bottom line is, don't ever order from TigerDirect, and certainly don't ever agree to a rebate from OnRebate.com.

Sandra
Muskego, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2007 06:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Onrebate-Tiger-Direct/nationwide/Onrebate-Im-a-victim-of-TigerDirect-too-ripoff-Miami-Florida-238052. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Onrebate - Tiger Direct

Onrebate.com update from Muskego, WI

AUTHOR: Sandra - (U.S.A.)

Update as of 3/30/2007 -
I emailed the company in February, asking them for updates on my account. Of course, I heard nothing. I then emailed them 2 weeks later, telling them I had placed a report on RipoffReport, and told them I would be filing complaints with anyone else I could find... Then, about 3 weeks after the first email to them, I got a response, telling me the customer service department would be forwarding my request to accounting (?). Right, sure I believed this would do any good. Next, about a week ago, (3/25 or so) I received another email from them, telling me my rebates had been processed, and I should be receiving my checks within the NEXT 90 DAYS! (remember, I filed all the paperwork in December and got notice it was processed in January...) I was about to send off another irate email to them, but lo and behold, on March 30th, my two checks arrived in the mail, totalling $150.00, the correct amount. Will wonders never cease?
Bottom line is that I will never deal with these people again, but it does seem to pay to keep emailing and pestering them.