Complaint Review: Outbound Engine

Outbound Engine
200 E. 6th St. # 205 Austin TX 78701 Austin, Texas USA

Outbound Engine Liars and scammers...DO NOT USE! Austin Texas

*Consumer Comment: Did your conversation help

*UPDATE Employee: Can we talk?

Upon receiving a sales call from Todd about boosting my email and social media marketing, which I feel I needed at the time, he had a great sales pitch and I fell for it hook, line and sinker.  After I made the initial down payment, I realized I didn't want their services.  When I called to cancel it, I was transferred to Heather who told me that I signed a 12 month contract and agreed to pay 50% of the annual bill if I chose to cancel.  I asked her to show me where I agreed to those terms and I'd be happy to pay it as I was certain I didn't sign anything agreeing to that.

A couple minutes later, we received an email from Heather with what appeared to be a freshly typed "agreement" in the body of her email. ( it could have been copied and pasted, or typed fresh, who knows).  The terms were ridiculous.  One of them I thought was funny stated that they could charge you up to 10% more per month at their sole discretion.  The important part of this is that she was unable to provide me anything I agreed to, just kept resending me the same thing alledging that I agreed to it.

I was forced to cancel my debit card to avoid any future withdraws from my account.  I chalked up my downpayment to a lesson learned as I'm sure I will never get it back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2014 02:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Outbound-Engine/Austin-Texas/Outbound-Engine-Liars-and-scammersDO-NOT-USE-Austin-Texas-1123135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Outbound Engine

Did your conversation help

AUTHOR: Lisa K - ()

I'm having the same problems. I just wrote my rip off report - did you call the customer service rep that responded. What was the outcome? I would be interested to know.

Lisa K

Can we talk?

AUTHOR: cynthia - ()

I'm Cynthia Balusek, OutboundEngine's Director of Client Success.  I'm sorry to hear about your experience with OutboundEngine.  If you have a few moments, I would like to talk to you.  You can reach me at cynthia@outboundengine.com or (512) 774-6235.