Complaint Review: PETRO CANADA

• Updated: Mon, October 13, 2008

• Reported By:Montreal Quebec
PETRO CANADA
1070 BEAUMONT TOWN OF MOUTN ROYAL, Quebec Canada

PETRO CANADA INDEPENDENT MANAGER AND CUSTOMER SERVICE LOST IN SPACE CUSTOMER SERVICE PRIVACY DISRESPECT TOWN OF MOUNT ROYAL Quebec

IN Quebec we have a consumer protection law that states that if the bar code scanner scans an item at a higher price than the price indicated on the tag on the shelf that this item goes to the consumer free if the item is under 10$ and 10$ off if the item is over 10$. So i bought a headlight for my car, I paid like 9.69 plus taxes of course, when the tag indicated 9.29. I told the employee and he said he would keep the bill and ask his boss. A couple of days later, I saw another emplyee and asked her to tell the boss and give me my money back for my purchase which by law is mine free. When i saw her again she told me she told her boss and the boss said no. After that i bought a wiper blade at the same location and it scanned for more than the tag price also. Then after that i bought an air freshener marked at the tag for 1.29 that i paid 1.39 for. These were all separate purchases made days or weeks apart. In the meantime i had called customer service and told them i want my rightfully due monies back. The responded that they would not do anything more and that i shoudl take it up with the governmenet of Quebec.

Now here is the kicker, when I saw the boss, and made some slight conversation, and he realised it was me that had made a complaint, he told me that custoemr service had told him i had done the same thing before at another Petro Canada location!!!!!!! Of course I had. It was my right , my privilege to get my money back there also and i had. It's the law and its posted at the cash register of many stores in Quebec. Customer service had no good reason to tell him about it. Rigth now as of yet i have not been paid back my sum of about 22$ that is lawfully owed me. So, in exchange I put anywhere form 25 cents to 1.00 of gas at Petro-Canada whenever i pass by one and i have the chance. Just to show how much money they are losing already from that stupid decision. Petro Canada has a points program rewards card so i use it each time I do this, and i am just WONDERING if they will wake up and smell the coffee and pay me back for this injustice.

Menok
Montreal, Quebec
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2008 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PETRO-CANADA/TOWN-OF-MOUTN-ROYAL-Quebec-H3P-3E2/PETRO-CANADA-INDEPENDENT-MANAGER-AND-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-LOST-IN-SPACE-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-PRIVA-380816. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PETRO CANADA