Complaint Review: Poetry.com - International Library Of Poetry

• Submitted: Wed, September 03, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, August 16, 2004

• Reported By:Gold Bar Washington
Poetry.com - International Library Of Poetry
Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

Poetry.com International Library Of Poetry After writing a poem, they sent a letter telling me I had talent and encourage me to buy their book at 49.99, that I will be published in, what a scam! Owings Mills Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Poetry.Com is a rip-off

*Consumer Suggestion: Yes, it's a scam

Does anyone out there know for sure the poetry.com is a scam? I fell victom to fallen hope. A so called selection commitee choosing my poem to be published? Help me find the truth! The poem I wrote was bad, and they want 49.99 for a copy of my bad poem and probly many others.They say inclosed was a list of 104 cash and prizes... but no list was enclosed.

Stephanie
Gold Bar, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2003 10:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetrycom-International-Library-Of-Poetry/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/Poetrycom-International-Library-Of-Poetry-After-writing-a-poem-they-sent-a-letter-tellin-66517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poetry.com - International Library Of Poetry

Poetry.Com is a rip-off

AUTHOR: Darlene - (U.S.A.)

It was about 2 yrs ago I also wrote a poem and submitted it to poetry.com. I received the very same info telling me that I was invited to go to some place in New York to read my poem and if I wasn't able to come my poem would be read by someone else. I was to send in I forget how much money in order to join and besides that I had to pay my own way to New York and also the hotel; which was surely not cheap.

Later I received other info from them stating that my poem would be entered in this book of poems that I was offered but they made it sound as if I was getting a great deal by not having to pay the full price for the book [$49.99];regular price was $69.99.They said in another letter that my poem was being put on a CD.

Well 1st of all I thought if it was so good that I should have been offered the book for free;2nd I couldn't see why I had to pay so much money to join; 3rd -why on earth the cost to get to New York and hotel costs. It just seemed that it was cost me way too much money to go somewhere just to read one little poem that after I re-read it myself I found a few places that needed editing. The only reason I didn't fall for it was because I mentioned it to someone that told me it was only a rip-off. That they had already been down the same road and they found that it was all a lie.

I do believe that POETRY.COM IS A RIP-OFF. There should be some way to stop them from doing this to people. I know for a fact that I am a darn good writer of poems and I am not going to let them discourage me. I am almost willing to bet that the poem I wrote is not even in the book or on the CD.POETRY.COM should be stopped.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Yes, it's a scam

AUTHOR: Lisa - (U.S.A.)

Yes, it's a scam. No doubt about that. Some have even tested the system by sending in fake, terrible poems and guess what? They also received letters about how much talent they had.

I almost fell for the scam years ago before there was so many complaints available on the internet to educate me. Thank God, I realized.

Pretty soon, you'll start receiving letters inviting you to a big convention where your poem will be read in front of hundreds of people. You will also spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to attend this tacky event.

Don't waste your time or money on these scam artists