Complaint Review: Privacy Matters

• Updated: Sun, June 10, 2007

• Reported By:ROWLETT Texas
Privacy Matters
Nationwide U.S.A.

Privacy Matters - Privacy Matters 1-2-3 and Privacy Matters Identity Theft Are All One & the Same A Fraudulent Company ripoff Des Plains Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Try this...

At the end of April 2005, I needed a Credit Report for personal, legal purposes and found this company called "Privacy Matters" they have 3 divisions to their company (1) Privacy Matters, (2) Privacy Matters 1-2-3 and (3) Privacy Matters Identity Theft.
This company claims that they will charge consumers $1.00 for a 30 day trial and consumers can cancel any time after that trial period ends.

Well here it is June of 2007 and this company is STILL pinging my checking account/debit card $19.95 after the fact that I had indeed canceled my "so-called" membership. There is no other means of contacting them besides a "customer service" link and not yet once has anyone from Privacy Matter ever call me back regarding this matter.

Privacy Matters Internet posted phone numbers are: 888-840-6301, 1-800-436-0817. This company claims to be in California because they post a "California Privacy Policy" but yet their mailing address is: PO Box #5152, DesPlains, Illinios 60017-5152.

I have sent numerious complaint and inquiries to this damn company but yet they still get their money from my bank.

I have reported them to the "Consumer Fair Rights" Agnecy and the "Better Business Bureau" I HAVE EVEN LEGALLY THREATENED THEM, But yet no response.

They specialize in Identity theft and state they they assist people with this problem, but on the same breath they too are "Identity theives" but using my personal information to enter my checking account without my authorization and take monies each and every month as they please. I demand justification and to be reimbursed.

I would love to sue the pants off of any and all who are employed by this fraudulent company "PRIVACY MATTERS".

Deborah
ROWLETT, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2007 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Privacy-Matters/nationwide/Privacy-Matters-Privacy-Matters-1-2-3-and-Privacy-Matters-Identity-Theft-Are-All-One-t-253482. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Privacy Matters

Try this...

AUTHOR: Teresa - (U.S.A.)

Have you tried closing your bank account and opening another? I know it would be a pain but that way they would have no access to your account.