Complaint Review: Protect America

• Submitted: Fri, February 09, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, February 12, 2007

• Reported By:Gilbert Arizona
Protect America
5100 North IH-35 Suite B Round Rock, Texas U.S.A.

Protect America Deceptive and Fraudulent acts Ripoff Round Rock Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Bill

I had a two year contract with Protect America for my home in Ohio.

I sold my home at approximately the 18 month point (approximately August 2006). I sent in a cancellation notice along with the transfer to new owners notice (New Owners Name and Address) and paid the account in full (paid the remaining 6 moths worth of usage).

On February 1st, 2007 I was sent a bill for the month of January 2007. I thought it was an obvious mistake and called to inform them they must have sent it to the wrong address.

They told me NO, I owed the first month usage of a two (2) year contract. I told them that I transferred the account because I sold my house with the system in place. They told me they understood that, but the new owners never sent in the acceptance paperwork, therefore my service automatically renewed.

They hemmed and hawed for a while and then said they can see from our records our intent was to cancel the service, therefore if we send them a cancellation fax within 24 hours they would honor it, but since the first month already billed, there is nothing they can do about it. I would still need to pay the first month's bill.

I am getting ready to send in the notice and payment, so I am not sure if they will honor it, but I can tell you this is not a company I would recommend anyone doing business with.

I never had to use them, never had a break-in and just don't know if they would protect my house or the live in them.

From there customer service and deceptive practices, I am truly glad I never had a situation in which I needed to test them.

I think they are participating in deceptive and fraudulent practices to make money. It is obvious from my situation that they expect money for no service, since my service has not been used for over 7 months.

Will the Texas Attorney General crack down on this company?

Gilbert, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2007 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Protect-America/Round-Rock-Texas-78681/Protect-America-Deceptive-and-Fraudulent-acts-Ripoff-Round-Rock-Texas-235352. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Protect America

Response to Bill

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

Hello Bill, This is Steven Grimm and I am the Operations manager at Protect America. I would like to discuss your issues and reasons for your dissatisfaction with you. If you could please send me an email at steven@protectamerica.com and I look forward to hearing from you.