Complaint Review: Providian National Bank

Providian National Bank
Columbus, Georgia U.S.A.

Providian National Bank rip-off consumer fraud Columbus Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: ..many are ripped off - you are not alone

I have been with Providian for over two years with no late payments, then all of a sudden in sept-oct 2002 they switch'd me to Emerge and raised my interest to 29.99%. They said that they sold my account to Emerge.

Then I come to find out that Providian owns Emerge.

This amounts to bait and switch tactics which is against federal law. I believe that it is in my best interest to contact an attorney at this point.

I would very pleased to join in a class action suit if someone gets one started before I do.

David
dexter, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2003 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Providian-National-Bank/Columbus-Georgia/Providian-National-Bank-rip-off-consumer-fraud-Columbus-Georgia-44649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Providian National Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

..many are ripped off - you are not alone

AUTHOR: Miriam A. - (U.S.A.)

I am with you. It is a nightmare - Try to pay off the card. . . they don't let you go! New statements keep coming. . .new fees. . .and I paid off the d**n thing. . .I cancelled it!

Watch out - the people who answer the phones are overseas in INDIA - and they have 'call waiting' - it is very suspect. . not professional, not business like - all centered around taking your hard earned money - raising interest rates, and tacking on "extra fees."

I am going to call the Attorney General for our State (Alaska) - others, please call the AG in your State.