Complaint Review: Ramada Plaza Resort

• Phone: 8002039783
  • Web:
  • Category: Cruises

Ramada Plaza Resort ripped off starving student Fort Lauderdale Florida

In September 2005 I had just started grad school and I received a phone call with an offer for an amazing vacation package from Ramada Plaza Resorts. They told me I could book a cruise, hotel in Florida, receive vouchers for other hotel stays and even one way flight vouchers.

As a student I didnt have much money and was excited at the thought of an actual vacation. I asked for a number to call back so I could think about it but was pressured being told I was selcted randomly for this offer and if I didnt act now I would no longer qualify. So I charged $698.

In October 2005 I was called again and told if I did not book my trip it would be forfeited, but, if I acted now for $200 more I could have a longer cruise with more benefits and extend my booking period for three years. Since I already had charged the $698 and had no money to begin with, I of course charged the additional $200.

When I called back in attempt to book my trip I was told my booking period had expired and they knew nothing about the extension. They claimed the extra money was only to upgrade. I kept getting "disconnected" and got so frustrated with the whole situation that I gave up.

Lately I have been seeing reports of the same thing happening to other people. I also recently found my credit card statement with the charges on it. I also have all of the information they had sent me. I'm not sure if it's too late to get my money back but being older and wiser I hope I can at least stop this from happening to others. Especially those who don't have the money to lose. People who save for a dream vacation only to find they have lost it all on what seemed to be a sure thing but ends up being worse than a gamble.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2013 09:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ramada-Plaza-Resort/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33308/Ramada-Plaza-Resort-ripped-off-starving-student-Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-1051851. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ramada Plaza Resort