Complaint Review: Recordsarea.com

• Updated: Wed, January 28, 2009

• Reported By:corvallis Oregon
Recordsarea.com
www.recordsarea.com Internet U.S.A.

Recordsarea.com total ripoff with no way out - scary to note they do have some names and #'s, including mine- afraid they do it off of sign ups Internet

*Author of original report: recordsarea.com UPDATE : refund within next 5 days

I am usually very cautious about any service offered on the internet, but I was grieving and wanted to find any info I could on an old friend's passing. Recordsarea.com has an impressive site and after reading the "come on" I paid with my credit card. Fortunately I only purchased the basic.

I tried to find the info, I already knew some of it, but the results were totally inaccurate, as was my own marriage info. But, for the most part, no records were found on my inquiries. When there were any results only pg1 could be accessed. Then, all of a sudden, my time for 24 hours was up. The second night "time up" came within the first 3 minutes and one uncompleted inquiry.
It is disconcerting that they also have my name and # in their data base. Hmm, wonder if their data base is a "sucker" list.

I have sent them 2 e-mails to no avail. At a certain point in the sign up there is no way out and, afterwards, there seems to be no hope of getting your money back or any service.

Only wish I had checked it out before I paid.

Minnie
corvallis, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2009 01:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Recordsareacom/internet/Recordsareacom-total-ripoff-with-no-way-out-scary-to-note-they-do-have-some-names-and--416157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Recordsarea.com

recordsarea.com UPDATE : refund within next 5 days

AUTHOR: Minnie - (U.S.A.)

I had an e-mail this morning from Ashley at Click Bank stating that my money "has been refunded" and will appear on my card within 5 days. All it appeared to take was finding and following their procedure. If you can still log on open " your account" tab. I think that's what it was called. I can no longer access it and didn't think to write it all down last night. There was also a phone number and an invitation to call them if you prefer. Scroll down and there will be a pull down menu with several options for an e-mail subject. One is "I want a refund" - I requested it and have the assurance in writing that I have been given one

I do not say that I trust them, surely they know their is nothing on their site worth paying for, etc. However, they do offer "a way out" after all. Regardless, I canceled my credit card because they must be up to something. A touch of humor, the e-mail included a pitch for another of their "products."

I know I will not commit to anything unknown until I check ripoff report first. Thanks guys.