Complaint Review: Sears Home Services

• Submitted: Sat, March 24, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, March 26, 2012

• Reported By: Sherri — Turlock California United States of America
Sears Home Services

Sears Home Services What a ripoff, multiple service calls required to simply order the needed part Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Sears Cares

Scheduled a service appt. to have my dishwasher looked at since it wouldn't start.  The problem was that the start button on the control panel was detached underneath.  A quote was given to order a replacement console.  The amount was insane so I told him I'd like to discuss it with my husband that night and decide what to do.  Was told that was fine and to call if I decided I wanted to order the part and have it installed.  At no time was I told that I HAD to act that very day or I would have to start the process all over.

I called back the very next day to request the part be ordered.  I was transferred 5 times and disconnected twice.  Nobody in that place full of clowns had any idea what to do with my call!!  I finally was so furious I hung up and got on their web site.  Started an on line "chat" with a rep and explained I just needed to go ahead and have the part ordered and have it installed when it arrived.

Mass confusion on their end!  It was endless.  I was even told there was no way that they could look in the system to see what was done at that service call nor was there any way they could contact the tech who had come to the house to find out what to order!! Are you kidding me?!!!

All this despite the fact that I was given a printout with all the info on it including make and model of the dishwasher, tech number and service order number.  So it IS in their stupid system somewhere!

After a whole lot of beating around the bush I was finally told that because I didn't agree to the repair that very day it all was null and void and now the only way I could proceed and get my part ordered was to schedule another service call!  To have a tech come out AGAIN, pronounce that I need a new console AGAIN, and charge another service call!!  Oh and they're so gracious they'll give me a $60.00 discount so I'll only pay another $15.00 bucks for this second, needless service call!

What a worthless, ignorant company!  They are loosing money sending two people out on a second service call for which they collect only $15.00 and waste my and their own time.  My options are limited otherwise I'd never be going along with all this crap.  I certainly will never, ever use them again nor buy any appliance, or anything else from Sears again.  I am blown away by their idiocy.  Shameful because they used to be a good company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2012 10:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Home-Services/internet/Sears-Home-Services-What-a-ripoff-multiple-service-calls-required-to-simply-order-the-ne-858739. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Home Services

Sears Cares

AUTHOR: Searscares - (U.S.A.)

Dear Sherri,

I am so sorry to read about the difficulty with your dishwasher repair.   We would like to follow up with you to assist with the repair and investigate why your original service order was not available to our service representatives causing you additional frustration.   At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the service for the dishwasher was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears,  screen name (Sherri) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue.  We look forward to talking to you soon.

Tamara W.