Complaint Review: Select Portfolio Servicing

• Submitted: Thu, August 06, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, August 06, 2009

• Reported By:oklahoma city Oklahoma
Select Portfolio Servicing
www.spservicing.com Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Select Portfolio Services Payment descrepancies & bombardment of letters Salt Lake City Utah

They should be called: Select For Fooling Servicing.

They set me up on a Forebearance Agreement, which I had to pay to avoid Foreclosure. I paid $3,000 down as Ms Smith said the more I pay the better. After the 3rd payment, I received a letter stated my payment was now a certain amount...almost $700 cheaper...so I paid that amount the next month, only to be bombarded with 'Past due' notices that I didn't pay the original amount. I thought maybe the account wasn't adjusted and paid the lower amount for the next month, again, more letters. I finally called and spoke to a CSR and asked her to remod as I was no longer working and down to one income. They wouldn't remod for me. She never mentioned any past due amounts at that time and said for me to continue the original amount which was $1,399.99 and it will be remod in 3 months. She told me to send in this amount which I did...by the next week, I recieved a letter stated I needed to pay over $1,050 more!!! Why didn't this CSR tell me at that time I needed to pay the past due...!! I'm already taking blood pressure meds and they are just a horrible people. I cringed every time I get a letter from them. Something has to be to companies like this to stop them from taking advantage of those having to face possible foreclosure, we wanna save our homes but not at the expense of giving our lives for one! Lord help us all!!

oklahoma city, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2009 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Select-Portfolio-Servicing/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84165/Select-Portfolio-Services-Payment-descrepancies-bombardment-of-letters-Salt-Lake-City-Ut-477103. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Select Portfolio Servicing