Complaint Review: Software Pros

• Updated: Fri, July 29, 2011

• Reported By: Doug — Draper Utah United States of America
Software Pros
Unknown Internet United States of America

Software Pros , softwarepros.com Selling free software, charging credit card more than indicated, providing 866 number to credit card company ,which charges you, Unknown, Internet

*Consumer Comment: OVER CHARGED

*Consumer Comment: Ripped me off

This company is selling software which is free. My daughter was trying to download Spybot Search and Destroy.  This is the first link that came up on the Bing search engine (so get rid of of your Bing search bar - this link did not come up on Google).

They said they charge $14.49/year for a 3 year subscription to Spybot.  I gave my daughter my credit card and she went through with the transaction.  I have used Spybot for years and had tried to donate to them in the past but the transaction always failed.  So I did not mind paying for Spybot.  The problem is that Spybot did not get any money.  If you look closely at their webpage  "downloading service", but the page you see when following the link is not their website page.  The page which gets you to purchase the software is  http://spybot.sd-software-now.com/

I called my credit card company to dispute the charges but of course I have to wait 3 days before I can dispute them.  They gave me the phone number of the company, which is an 866 number.  866 numbers charge you for making the call, sometimes outrageous amounts.  No one answered so I left a message.  Unfortunately I had forgotten the meaning of 866 numbers until I tried a reverse phone number lookup.

There is no contact information on their website except and email form.

The charge should have been for $37.47 but they charged my credit card $52.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2011 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Software-Pros/internet/Software-Pros-softwareproscom-Selling-free-software-charging-credit-card-more-than-ind-758253. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Software Pros

OVER CHARGED

AUTHOR: rayzor2469 - ()

I too was over charged for the free spybot that I thought I was receiving. I called the number and got a voicemail. I emailed and the response was that I was paying for their "support" and they could not refund money because I had logged into account. I am preparing documents to go to my bank as I type this. Avoid this company at all costs as they are a true ripoff.

Ripped me off

AUTHOR: Carole - ()

They said I used their site to downlaod something I did not download.

The membership was 16.99 for three years and the charged my CC 100.00. I have argued with them and they are a rip off and refuse to give me a refund or explain the 100.00 charge.

Do not use this company. What they are selling you can get from the site that the software belongs too. They are a fraudulent company and should be put out of business.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC