Complaint Review: Sonic Cameras

• Submitted: Fri, June 27, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 27, 2008

• Reported By:Napa California
Sonic Cameras
3505 Quentin Rd Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Sonic Cameras Bait & Switch, Rude, Don't USE! Brooklyn New York

Lured in by their great prices online, I called to ask questions about Sony Camcorder with professional package upgrade to get all the accessories I needed. I was swiftly talked into getting a different, more expensive, camera with the same type of package and promised that it would be compatible with my software package.

The correct camera was shipped quickly but once I received the camera, the package was not what I was told it would be when I had ordered it. Five of the items that were in the upgrade package were not in the box when it arrived. Three of items that I really need were left out.

When I called the first day, customer service me that I received a great package and it was all there but I need to talk to my sales rep who would be in the next day. It turns out that their phone system just happened to be out the day. On the thrid day, when I called customer service, it was the rudest I have ever been treated in my life. I was told that I would "never in your life be able to speak to your sales rep", I could not talk to a manager, and if I don't like the offer then too bad and was hung up on.

In the end I was offered a few of the cheaper items that I needed but not the complete package that ordered or to return it for a full refund. Beacuse I had an event I need the camera for, I was stuck and had to take the offer. We'll see the items get shipped or not. Bottom line here is that I did not get what I order and it was a huge hassle to deal with customer service.

Snowrider
Napa, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2008 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sonic-Cameras/Brooklyn-New-York-11234/Sonic-Cameras-Bait-Switch-Rude-Dont-USE-Brooklyn-New-York-344943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sonic Cameras