Complaint Review: T-Mobile

• Updated: Sat, December 29, 2012

• Reported By: BadCub01 — Vashon Island Washington United States of America
T-Mobile
P.O. Box 37380 Albuquerque, New Mexico United States of America

T-Mobile Sales Representatives LIE & Customer Service backs them up Albuquerque, New Mexico

I have had an account with T-Mobile for over a year. We currently have 1 phone and 1 wireless hotspot. We recently took a trip to relocate from California to Washington due to a job transfer. We made our journey via RV, which was really cool, but at times we found that our wireless hotspot was the only internet service we could use.

We called T-Mobile to up the service level on the existing hotspot to give us the access we needed for my because I am currently enrolled in University of Phoenix and needed ample access for school.

When we spoke to the representative at the time, we were very specific in questions that we asked.

Question 1 - Upgrading to a higher service level does not renew or extend our contract?
Representative Answer: No, upgrading the amount of bandwidth on your hotspot does not make any changes or extensions to the existing contract.

Question 2 - By increasing to an unlimited plan, we will no incur any overages for use?
Representative Answer: NO, and as a courtesy, I will credit some of the overages on your current bill.

Question 3 - You are sure that I will have no contract extensions or problems?
Representative Answer: that is correct. The only change you will see is the change in the monthly rate.

Today we call to change our hotspot plan because we have no need for the unlimited plan any longer. To our surprise, we were told that we are now under a new contract until 2014. I explained the original call with the representative, and was told basically that there was noting she could do. After 20 minutes of arguing with the representative who basically refused to do anything but infer that I was the one lying to them, she finally agreed to transfer me to a supervisor.

Well, I was left on hold for over 5 minutes, then a voice came on the line and disconnected the call.

Basically t-mobile obviously trains their sales people to lie to the customer, then when you call them on their lies, they quickly turn it around on you, and indicate clearly that you are the one lying.

I am not asking anything major from t-mobile. I just want my hotspot to be returned to the original data plan that it had when I purchased it, and I want the unauthorized additional year that was added to my contract removed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2012 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile/Albuquerque-New-Mexico-87176/T-Mobile-Sales-Representatives-LIE-Customer-Service-backs-them-up-Albuquerque-New-Mexi-988586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Mobile