- Report: #296397
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: The DVD Planet
The DVD Planetwww.thedvdplanet.org Nationwide U.S.A.
The DVD Planet Sold Bootleg Products Ontario Canada
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) Merchandise Description absolutely a lie. The claim: All 278 Uncut Episodes 11 Seasons on 8 DVDS. The only truth in the claim is the DVD count. You were never selling "The Carol Burnette Show" nonetheless all 278 episodes of the 11 seasons. What you were sending people (when anything at all) was broadcast recordings of "Carol Burnette and Friends" which are edited/cut versions of a limited number of episodes. This flies directly in the face of your claim that they are unedited and complete.
2) The illegal manner in which you are marketing your product. Whether your company or another 'distributor' is providing this bootlegged product, it takes less than 2 minutes to look at the packaging and view the disc contents to see the TV Land logo. There is no liscensing agreement for you profit from this material. I have seen cases where old movies that for whatever reason are not made available by their distributor may be found by an EBay seller at nomial production cost and provides clear definition for what product you should expect. You represented yourself as a professional organziation with legitimate merchandise and certainly at prices that would speak to the sort.
If it is that you did not review your own products you sell, then who is it that writes your ad copy when it speaks of high quality etc... Your company's five year history should speak to better standards than you are providing your customers. Perhaps there are more than myself that would appreciate your attempt to provide explaination for these issues.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2008 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-DVD-Planet/nationwide/The-DVD-Planet-Sold-Bootleg-Products-Ontario-Canada-296397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.