Complaint Review: Total Merchant Services

• Submitted: Thu, January 01, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, January 17, 2009

• Reported By:avenel New Jersey
Total Merchant Services
255 Gold Rivers Road Basalt, Colorado U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-848-6825
  • Web:
  • Category: Customer

Total Merchant Services total merchant services sent credit card machine back with note to close account they are still charging me told me they need it in writing first they said they never recieved machine 255 Gold Rivers Road Third FloorBasalt Colorado

*Author of original report: total merchant services I sent credit card machine back with note

*Consumer Suggestion: Return the machine again, and dispute additional charges.

total merchant services what a ripoff. I sent credit card machine back in august 2008 with note to close account they are still charging me monthly fee of 56.00 they told me they need it in writing then it would take 60 days before account is closed.

First they said they never received machine,I have proof i sent it in, now they are saying I have to put it in writing and send it to a different address they stated that a note in with the credit card machine it not permitted, I them said to the as far as i'm concerned when they received the credit credit card machine my account was closed as without a credit card machine i would not be able to use their account the woman on the phone stated if i did not pay we would notify credit agencies,

I'm wondering what they will come up with next?
should I send them another letter saying to cancel the account or should i just not pay them?

anthonycris
avenel, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2009 04:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Total-Merchant-Services/Basalt-Colorado-81621/Total-Merchant-Services-total-merchant-services-sent-credit-card-machine-back-with-note-to-406882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Total Merchant Services

total merchant services I sent credit card machine back with note

AUTHOR: anthonycris - (U.S.A.)

first line should read I sent credit card machine back with a note.
update: TMS sent me a form to fill out 1-5-09 requesting to close account witch I sent them a note when i returned machine last september in the form a says I could!!! incure a charge of 295.00
I circled this figure and in the form stated I would not pay this fee as the contract I signed does not say anything about closed account fees, I was told when I opened this account I could close it anytime with no cancellation fees by my sales rep ,These peaple are the biggest ripoffs Ive ever seen they send you that form and if you agree and sign it you owe them 295.00 more,
Now I have a collection agency calling me
NCO. I will not pay them I'm wondering should I file a complaint with BBB?
How can I fight them without ruining my credit I had triple A credit score before this.
Thanks

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Return the machine again, and dispute additional charges.

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

It appears that they are playing games with you. And, common sense would dictate that if they had the time to send the machine and your note back to you, they could have sent it on to the proper department.

Send the machine back one more time. But, this time send it by INSURED MAIL with SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION to the address they gave you. Be sure to insure it to cover the cost of your machine and all financial obligations.

Include copies of all prior communications in this matter with your new request to cancel.

Do not send this new request to cancel inside the package, but in a separate letter.

Send this letter via CERTIFIED MAIL, return reciept requested. Be sure to put the certified# on the letter itself and make a copy for your records, as this proves exactly what you sent.

If they have fax#'s, be sure to pound all fax#'s with your request.
Maybe 100 copies will do.

NOW, file disputes for the unauthorized charges with your credit card company.

Good luck!