Complaint Review: Tracfon

• Updated: Fri, August 01, 2014

• Reported By: Sarahmiriam — fort myers Florida
Tracfon
Nationwide USA

Tracfon Double the minutes card didn't work and Tracfone CS didn't return my call as they promised... still waiting Miami Florida

I purchased and loaded a track phone double minutes card for $19.99 in Miami, Florida in June or July.

I entered the double minutes airtime pin and it was accepted on my phone and confirming stating the next card of minutes would be doubled and from then on formthe life of the pphone.  About a month later (today),  I followed the instructions and purchased a new 120 minute card, downloaded it using the pin only to discover the double the minuted card didn't work.

I called customer support/tech support around 8:20 a.m. EST and the recorded message gave me the choice of a call back without losing my place in line within 17 or 27 minutes or waiting online.  No call back as promised, it's been 1 1/2 hors  and I'm still waiting.

I was shocked to find out that I was using up precious minutes while holding online with Tracfone. ( Normally trouble shooting or customer service calls are free. )   So, I guess  I'm supposed to use all my minutes to resolve a problem which involves not getting my promised minutes....sounds like a SCAM to me.

Hate to say this but we (U.S.A.) are fast  becoming a third world country without integrity.  Where is TracFone based and who owns them?  I don't believe an American companynwould handle their customers so shabbily ... I've been using TracFone for a backup phone for three years.

I'm taking precious time out of my day to report this because I'm tired of being ripped off.  I will post this on facebook and twitter if I don't get a call back today from TracFone and my questions and service satisfactorily resolved.

Sarah in Miami, FL

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2014 06:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tracfon/nationwide/Tracfon-Double-the-minutes-card-didnt-work-and-Tracfone-CS-didnt-return-my-call-as-they-1166618. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tracfon