Complaint Review: USAA

USAA
9800 Fredericksburg Rd San Antonio, Texas United States of America

USAA USAA Price Hikes and Upping limits without my knowledge San Antonio, Texas

*General Comment: Shame On You USAA!!!! SHAME

*Consumer Comment: This is not a ripoff.

When I started with USAA i paid about $850 a year for mortgage insurance (I'm not sure if that is good or bad) but today, barely 4 years later, I'm paying $1,368.75 and I just recently got noticed that my insurance is being hiked another 800 or so dollars!

Coverage Type Coverage Limit Dwelling $302,000 Other Structures $75,500 Personal Belongings (Includes Replacement Cost) $226,500 Loss of Use Unlimited Personal Liability - Each Occurrence $300,000 Medical Payments to Others $5,000

My house is worth $185k I have no other structures Who in their rightful mind can accumulate $226,500 worth of personal belongings? I started in my house fresh from divorce with barely $20K and I still had money left over - remodeled, bought new appliances, furniture, misc and so forth!

When I asked USAA why there was a price hike here was their response:

We received your message about your homeowners policy which shows your previous policy was $843.47. We understand your concern regarding your renewal policy premium increase of $525.28 or approximately $43.77 per month.

As our rates are based on expected future losses, we've implemented a rate change for Pennsylvania - based homeowners policies renewing after November 01, 2010 and August 15, 2011 . Please understand there are many factors which can lead to a rate increase. Some factors include statewide rate changes, general inflation and increases in the number of property claims within your state. Also your deductible was changed to $1000 from 1% which also increased your premium.

If you have any additional questions about your new premium, our team of member service representatives can review your policy and discuss options that could save you money. Please call us at 1-800-531-USAA (8722) if we may be of further service to you.

We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs.

Mind you, I was paying $1200 a month in mortgage (at least $70 was insurance premium in 2007). Now I pay about $1350 a month since 2007 and I just now got that letter about the price hike. I'm going to be paying around 1400 a month for a mortgage payment! I'm one of those people who got screwed by Wells Fargo and GMAC and here I am dealing with over priced insurance! I'm being punished because the whole state of Pennsylvania has had unfortunate weather! How fair is that? It's not a little $10 or 20 dollar hike, we are talking major bucks!

I'm on the verge of going into foreclosure because I live off of SSDI and Spousal support for which I don't get increases with the economy (at least not with SSDI in 3 years). Food, gas, everything has gone up so high that it has eaten up my money. Suddenly I get this paper USAA is hiking me again and the limits are crazy! I just want people to be aware of what they are paying for and is it really necessary?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2011 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USAA/San-Antonio-Texas-78288/USAA-USAA-Price-Hikes-and-Upping-limits-without-my-knowledge-San-Antonio-Texas-794120. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USAA

#1 General Comment

Shame On You USAA!!!! SHAME

AUTHOR: Kc - (U.S.A.)

I would find another company to do my business with. I know for a fact that USAA is sending MORE jobs to INDIA!!!!! It is their right to do this. But as Americans we need to stick with companies that hire people from the United States. The jobs that are being sent are Claims Processing and Medical Bill Review   Do you want people from India to have access to your SSN # and your Medical History???  USAA insures the US Military. Isn't great to know the US Military fights for our freedom and USAA sends jobs to India  that doesn't seem right to me.   God Bless the Military.  Most Amercians stand side by side with the US Military!!!!!!  USAA can you say the same?   Shame on you USAA    Shame on You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you know of a good replacement that is similiar to USAA Insurance please post it.

Thank You!!

This is not a ripoff.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

USAA has merely told you what they expect you to pay to renew their policy.   You are not being forced to buy it.   You are free to secure insurance from any number of companies in your area.   What's the problem?

If I think a renewal on a policy is too high, then I just take my business to a company that charges less.   It ain't rocket science.