Complaint Review: Uhaul

• Reported By: Michael — Las Vegas Nevada
Uhaul
5625 leggett rd Internet United States of America

Uhaul Overcharges, Internet

*Author of original report: Thank you.

*General Comment: Advice: Have some fun at the owners expense

Rented a 10 footer on April 14, 2013 only to have to return it because of cancellation of a purchase.

I returned the rental only driving it 10 miles. Brought back with full tank after only 40 min. Manager says, "Wow, quick move." told him they cancelled. Apon receiving final bill, April 15, 2013, I noticed I was charged fees for fill up service of $30 and ez fuel sales of $10. Mind you I only drove down the street and back, because the item I was suppose to pick up was canceled. I spoke to the manager Apon arriving to the storage letting him know the situation, and he assured me it was ok.

Now I have a $84.85 charge on my credit card for a truck I did not even use. Check the videos Uhaul. I called the office multiple times to dispute, but I get no answer. This is the Leggett location in centennial 89149. I understand money is hard, but 10 miles + less than an hour = $85 of no use at all. Ridiculous. This letter, and reviews are my next resorts. Not happy at all. I will be making calls to corporate offices if nothing is done. Bbb is next.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2013 05:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Uhaul/internet/Uhaul-Overcharges-Internet-1043516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Uhaul

Thank you.

AUTHOR: Michael - ()

That is actually not a bad idea. Thank you for the advice. I have reviewed this store, and sent multiple letters to the corporate offices. This will deffinately be a next step. In all honesty, it is not about the money, just the inconvenience. Guess I can return the favor. ??

#2 General Comment

Advice: Have some fun at the owners expense

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - ()

Sue him in small claims court. The nice people down at the court house will tell you how.

The least that will happen is he has to stand in a court room  justify his charges to a judge.

If he wins, No big as long as you don't lie or embelish your story. He still had to take time to come to court or pay a lawyer.

If You win you get your money back.

If he doesn't show you get to register a judgment against his company on the credit reporting companies.

No matter what he gets inconvenianced and anoyed for ripping you off.

All good fun for you