Complaint Review: United Property & Casualty Insurance Company

• Submitted: Mon, December 15, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 15, 2008

• Reported By:Fort Lauderdale Florida
United Property & Casualty Insurance Company
Post Office Box 30385 Tampa, Sarasota, Florida U.S.A.

United Property & Casualty Insurance Company UNABLE, UNWILLING OR INCAPABLE OR ISSUING A REFUND FOR 2 + MONTHS Tampa, Sarasota Florida

Last September, my husband and I purchased and paid for one year of insurance premium from United Property & Casualty, on a house purchase deal that never went through. The policy was to become effective on October 21.

Everything was cancelled on October 20th. Since then, our insurance agent and ourselves have been trying to get a refund on the $1,055 premium from this company without any success.

First they claimed that had sent a check at the address of the house we never bought instead of our home address and blamed our insurance agent for it.

Our agent, my husband and myself have made numerous phone calls in an effort to speak to a supervisor by the name of Walker in the Billing Department without success. She apparently doesn't return calls and we can't get past the army of minions covering her sorry ass.

In between all this, last week we get a phone call from a nice gentleman by the name of Ray in Billing informing us that the old refund check has been cancelled and that they will be issuing us a new refund check.

The next day, we get an invoice from United for $58.00 in the mail. We call Ray back. Of course he doesn't answer his phone so we leave a message. He calls back the same day. Apologizes saying the secretary made a mistake and the check will be mailed December 12.

Here we are December 15 and what do we get in the mail from United today? An invoice mailed on December 12. The total amount of this invoice is not clear as it consists of 4 pages of gibberish, preceded by a cover page that reads in big letters "PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, INVOICE ENCLOSED".

I left Ray such a nasty message, threatening to drive up there to pick up the check myself, that he still hasn't called me back. But that's ok because my husband spoke to a supervisor in customer service who is "researching" our file and promises to call us back today.

Yeah right. I'm not holding my breath.

Jasmine
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2008 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Property-Casualty-Insurance-Company/Tampa-Sarasota-Florida-33630/United-Property-Casualty-Insurance-Company-UNABLE-UNWILLING-OR-INCAPABLE-OR-ISSUING-A-R-401477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Property & Casualty Insurance Company