Complaint Review: Vitacost

• Updated: Sat, July 27, 2013

• Reported By: Apple — Other
Vitacost
5400 Broken Sound Blvd NW #500 Boca Raton, Florida USA

Vitacost Vitacost.com Extremely Unprofessional and Poor Customer Service Boca Raton Florida

Place an order with Vitacost and called customer service the same day to confirm if there are any additional charges on an international order when shipping. Customer service said no and if that happens to call back Vitacost to get a refund on the COD charges. After hearing those words I felt very confident placing my order and if worst comes to worst I would be refunded if there was a COD charge. Package arrived and there was a COD charge so I called customer service and was told they had to pull my call to confirm the conversation and it would take approximately 24 hours to review. Pulling my call between the customer service rep and I was to verify that I was indeed told that I would get a refund if I had to pay COD charges. After that I called several times for an update and no one could give me an answer until I finally spoke to a customer service representative couple days later who said she didnt see any notes in the system that I called requesting a refund and there wasnt anything mentioning what had happened to me. She immediately sent an email to the corporate headoffice about the situation and the next day a representative called back and left a message on my phone that I should have seen it on the website that they dont refund additional fees. After that I sent an email to Vitacost advising that as a second time buyer I am not familiar with the policies and procedures and that is why I called to confirm with a representative who should have known better to not confirm such misleading information. The rep should have verified before confirming with me. Now because of misleading information to boost sales (in my opinion) I had to pay 2 times the amount for the items. I am so not happy about this! The response I got after sending the email to Vitacost online customer service helpline was that they will forward my case to the Management team for review and they are sorry about my unpleasant experience. I still have not heard from Vitacost Management team. I really hope people will think twice before buying from this company because their customer service is extremely poor and they are very unprofessional.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2013 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vitacost/Boca-Raton-Florida-33487/Vitacost-Vitacostcom-Extremely-Unprofessional-and-Poor-Customer-Service-Boca-Raton-Flori-1070559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vitacost