paint

• Submitted: Wed, May 30, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, May 30, 2007

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Vitacost.com, Shopping Essentials
2055 High Ridge Rd Boynton, Florida U.S.A.

Vitacost.com, Shopping Essentials scammed me thru discount coupon offer during check out on Vitacost.com website Boynton Florida

A few days ago, I noticed a $14.95 charge on my bank account that I could not identify. After several phone calls, I was told that I must have clicked on an offer for a $10 discount coupon during checkout on Vitacost.com's website (I have purchased vitamins at this website several times). I was also told that if I had read the fine print, I would have seen that I was subscribing to "Shopping Essentials" for a charge of $14.95 per month!

I rechecked my bank statements and found 2 more charges for $14.95 going back to March 20th. Shopping Essentials said they would credit back the charges.

I called Vitacost.com and was told that they had "simply sold ad space" to Shopping Essentials. If this were true, then how did Shopping Essentials get my credit card information??? I did not fill out a charge form for Shopping Essentials. The truth is that Vitacost.com sold me and my credit card information to Shopping Essentials! The deception came in the form of a $10 discount coupon offered during the final check out process in Vitacost.com's website. Vitcost.com is obviously profiting from this scam and is equally guiltly. And if Vitacost would do this to a customer purchasing vitamins, then what else would they do? Perhaps their vitamins are a scam as well?

David
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2007 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vitacostcom-Shopping-Essentials/Boynton-Florida-33426/Vitacostcom-Shopping-Essentials-scammed-me-thru-discount-coupon-offer-during-check-out-o-251265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vitacost.com, Shopping Essentials